This Korean BBQ Steak Salad combines flavor packed steak with mixed greens, avocado and a sweet and spicy dressing!
Table of Contents
Every now and then I crave a nice Korean BBQ salad, but take away is not an option if you are trying to keep an eye on your carb intake. Traditional Korean BBQ is loaded with sugar making it a no go for the keto diet.
So, I developed this recipe for a simple keto Korean BBQ steak salad, that is so easy to make, delicious and so filling that you’ll never go back!
The soy sauce with the Erythritol turn into a lovely, thick glaze that coats the steak fillets making them irresistible!
Why You'll Love Korean Steak Salad
- Absolutely packed with flavor
- A great alternative to takeout
- So simple and easy to make
Ingredients You'll Need
To make this delicious low carb Korean BBQ steak salad you'll only need 11 simple ingredients.
- Steak - we used skirt steak for this recipe.
- Avocado - diced avocado goes perfect in this salad.
- Mixed greens - any of your favorite fresh mixed greens will go perfect with this recipe.
- Garlic - fresh garlic or minced garlic in a jar are fine.
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Erythritol - by using Erythritol instead of sugar we keep this recipe low carb. You can also substitute with your favorite sugar-free sweetener.
- Sesame seeds
- Lime juice
- Orange juice
- Chili flakes - adds a spicy kick to dressing.
How To Make Low Carb Korean BBQ Salad
This salad really couldn't be easier to make, we'll prepare the steak, the dressing and the greens to have everything ready in just 3 simple steps!
To get started, slice the skirt steak into thin bite-sized pieces. Heat two tablespoons of sesame oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the steak over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Add the minced garlic, soy sauce, Erythritol and sesame seeds then stir to create a thick glaze.
Take a small mixing bowl and whisk together four tablespoons of sesame oil, lime juice, orange juice, Erythritol, chili flakes and minced garlic to make the dressing.
Take a salad bowl and toss the mixed greens with the chopped avocado. Add the steak on top and drizzle with the sweet and spicy dressing. Enjoy!
In the fridge: store any leftover salad in the refrigerator in an airtight container where it will keep for up to 3 days.
More Keto Salad Recipes
Looking for more delicious salad recipes that are low in carbs? Check out some of our favorites below:
- Caprese Salad with Tomatoes and Mozzarella
- Steak Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Easy B.L.T Salad with Avocado and Cheese
- Best Cauliflower Egg Salad
For the Salad
- 9 oz Skirt Steak
- ½ ripe Avocado chopped
- 4 cups Mixed Greens
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 4 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
For the Dressing
- 4 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Lime juice only
- ½ small Orange juice only
- ½ teaspoon Erythritol
- ½ teaspoon Chili Flakes
- ½ clove Garlic minced
- Thinly slice the skirt steak into bite-sized pieces and heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a non-stick pan. Sauté the steak fillets over high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side. Mince and add the garlic. Add the soy sauce, Erythritol and sesame seeds, and stir to create a thick glaze.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 4 tablespoons of sesame oil, lime juice, Erythritol, chili flakes and minced garlic to make the dressing.
- Toss the greens in a salad bowl and add the chopped avocado. Top with the steak fillets and drizzle with the dressing. Serve at room temperature.