This keto halloumi salad recipe is very easy to prepare and it’s perfect for those who want to eat low carb but still enjoy tasty foods.
It's a quick and healthy salad made with halloumi cheese, avocado and egg — perfect ingredients for your low-carb diet.
Table of Contents
Low-Carb Halloumi Salad
When it comes to how to make the perfect keto Christmas salad, we’ve got all the tricks:
- Greens - start with a bed of crunchy greens.
- Something creamy - add in something creamy, in this case delicious ripe avocados.
- Add some protein - we're using soft-boiled eggs but you can use your favorite meats as well!
- Cheese - cheese makes everything better, we've thrown in a few slices of toasted halloumi.
- Acid - an acidic touch will seal the deal in the shape of cranberries (or pomegranate arils if you prefer those) and balsamic vinegar.
Halloumi Salad Ingredients
To make this healthy low-carb salad you'll need:
- Halloumi cheese
- Iceberg lettuce
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How To Make The Best Halloumi Salad
To get started, bring a pot of water to a boil then add the eggs until they're soft boiled (around 5 minutes). Feel free to cook them longer if you prefer hard-boiled eggs. Peel the eggs and cut them in half.
While the eggs are cooking, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the halloumi slices for around 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Take a salad bowl and add the chopped lettuce. Add the balsamic vinegar, remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad until everything is combined. Top with the fried halloumi, eggs, avocado and cranberries and serve!
This low carb halloumi salad recipe makes 2 servings. Each serving contains:
- 478 calories
- 43.6 grams of fat
- 12.8 grams of protein
- A whopping 7.7 grams of fiber
- A total of 4.8 grams of net carbs
Keto Halloumi Salad Recipe
- 6 oz Halloumi Cheese sliced
- 2 riped Avocados sliced into halves
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cups Iceberg Lettuce chopped
- ¼ cup Cranberries fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and soft boil the eggs for about 5 minutes.
- Peel and cut in half.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan and toast the halloumi slices for 2 minutes on each side, over medium-high heat.
- Toss the lettuce in a salad bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Top with the halloumi, eggs, avocado halves and cranberries. Serve immediately.