One-tray keto chicken meatballs are a quick and healthy dinner that is a breeze to make! Combine them with your favorite vegetables as a meal, snack or appetizer.
One-tray dinners are such an easy and fuss free way to make something delicious, healthy and satisfying.
One of my favorites is these one-tray keto chicken meatballs, served with roasted cauliflower and broccoli!
Table of Contents
I used up a bag of frozen cauliflower and broccoli, tossing them on the pan straight from the freezer, but fresh vegetables will work just as well.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can use up any produce you already have and sit back while the oven works its magic.
Note that I sprinkled mine with a fine layer or almond flour to get that extra crispy exterior but you can skip that part and they will turn out just as good!
Why You'll Love Low Carb Chicken Meatballs
- Super easy to cook and clean up
- Ready in just 35 minutes
- Only 2.9 grams of net carbs!!
- Healthy and delicious dinner
Ingredients You'll Need
You'll only need a total of 10 simple ingredients to make this delicious one-tray dinner.
- Ground chicken - substitute for ground beef, turkey or lamb to make different flavored meatballs.
- Vegetables - we used frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets but any fresh or frozen vegetables you have will work just as well (as long as they're low carb!)
- Egg - the egg is a key ingredient to help to bind the meatballs together.
- Flaxseed - also acts as a binder to keep the meatballs together but is loaded with nutrients and omega-3 fats.
- Vegetable oil - olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil or sunflower oil all will work with this recipe.
- Garlic - minced garlic fresh or from a jar.
- Seasonings - we just used salt and chili powder but feel free to add your own favorites.
- Lime juice - optional to drizzle over the hot chicken meatballs.
How To Make Keto Chicken Meatballs
All you'll need is a baking tray and an oven! Follow the easy steps below for a delicious healthy dinner in just 35 minutes.
To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Take a large mixing bowl and mix the minced garlic with the ground chicken, flaxseed and egg. Season with salt and chili powder then mix everything together until well combined. If the mixture is too wet to knead, add a tablespoon of almond flour. Shape into small meatballs.
Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into florets, or prepare the vegetables of your choice.
Place the meatballs, broccoli and cauliflower florets onto the baking tray. Season the vegetables with salt and drizzle over the vegetable oil. Optionally sprinkle a fine layer of almond flour over the vegetables to make them come out more crispy.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden. Serve hot with a squeeze of lime juice.
In the fridge: Leftover meatballs will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. Store them in airtight containers.
In the freezer: These keto chicken meatballs are a great option for meal prepping. You can prepare a large batch and freeze them in portions. Place the meatballs on a baking tray lined with baking paper and put them in the freezer. Once they're frozen, place them in an airtight container layered between baking paper or in freezer proof bags. They'll keep for well up to 2 months in the freezer.
To reheat: You can reheat the meatballs in the oven or microwave.
- In the microwave place them on a microwave safe plate and heat them in 30 second intervals until hot.
- In the oven place the meatballs on a baking tray and cover it with aluminum foil. Heat them at 300°F(150°C) for around 25 minutes until they're heated all the way through.
More Low Carb Chicken Recipes
We have LOTS of delicious low carb chicken recipes you might like to try:
- Cheesy Keto Chicken Casserole
- Easy Peri Peri Chicken (Nando's Copycat)
- One-Pan Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts
- One-Pan Easy Balsamic Chicken
Keto Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- 2 cups Ground Chicken
- ½ head Cauliflower fresh or frozen
- ½ head Broccoli fresh or frozen
- 1 medium Egg
- 2 tablespoon Flaxseed
- 1 clove Garlic
- 4 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Chili
- ½ Lime juice only
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mince the garlic and mix with the ground chicken, flaxseed, and egg. Season with salt and chili powder. Mix well and shape into small meatballs. If the mixture is too wet to knead add a tablespoon of almond flour.
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into florets.
- Place the meatballs, broccoli and cauliflower florets on a baking tray, season the vegetables with salt, drizzle with oil, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Serve hot, drizzled with lime juice.