Nothing beats this Loaded Caesar Wedge Salad that is easy to make and so flavorful! Wedges of iceberg lettuce topped with crispy bacon, chicken breast, cherry tomatoes and a homemade dressing.
Table of Contents
As the weather is getting warmer you might be like us and find yourself craving a good salad.
That's where this amazing keto salad recipe comes in. But it's not just any salad!
Our loaded Caesar wedge salad is filling, satisfying and very easy to put together.
Topped with crisped bacon, chicken breast, cheery tomatoes and eggs, it’s a complete keto meal that will keep you feeling full, satisfied and bursting with energy.
Why You'll Love This Caesar Wedge Salad
- Absolutely packed with flavor
- Loaded with protein from chicken, bacon and eggs
- Only 4.2 grams of net carbs!!
- Super easy to make and very filling
Caesar Wedge Salad Ingredients
To make this delicious loaded low carb salad you'll need the following ingredients. Feel free to substitute or remove anything you don't have available!
Lettuce - half a head of fresh iceberg lettuce that we cut into wedges.
Chicken - we used chicken breast but feel free to substitute for whatever type of chicken you have available.
Bacon - you can't have a loaded Caesar salad without crispy bacon! Optionally substitute for turkey bacon.
Tomatoes - we used cherry tomatoes but any tomatoes will work.
Eggs - diced hardboiled eggs add extra flavor and protein to the salad.
Oils/sauces - we use both avocado and olive oil in this recipe as well as Worcestershire sauce.
Mayonnaise - the key ingredient as the base of our homemade dressing.
Anchovies - optional, if you don't like anchovies just leave them out.
Lemon juice - a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice or half a lemon freshly squeezed.
Garlic - half a clove of garlic or minced garlic in a jar will work perfect.
Parmesan cheese - optionally shave some fresh parmesan cheese over the top of your salad for extra flavor.
Seasonings - you'll need sea salt and freshly ground pepper for the salad and the dressing.
How To Make Loaded Caesar Wedge Salad
This salad couldn't be easier to make and it's ready to enjoy in just 20 minutes! Follow the five simple steps below.
To get started, bring a pot of water to a boil and hard boil the eggs for 8 to 10 minutes. Peel, dice and set aside.
In the meantime, in a non-stick pan heat the avocado oil over a medium high heat. Sauté the diced chicken for 3 to 5 minutes until crispy and golden. Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
Add the chopped bacon to the pan and cook for a few minutes until crispy. Set aside.
Now, we'll make the salad dressing. In a blender or food processor combine the mayonnaise, olive oil, anchovies, lemon juice, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Blend until cream any season to taste with salt and black pepper. Optionally, adjust the acidity to your taste by adding a few extra drops of lemon juice.
Cut wedges out of the iceberg lettuce and arrange them on serving plates. Top each wedge with chicken, bacon, cherry tomatoes and chopped eggs. Add dollops of the salad dressing on top and optionally garnish with shaved parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
You can store the individual ingredients on this recipe in the fridge and put it all together when you're ready to eat. The dressing, chicken and bacon will keep for up to a week refrigerated in an air tight container.
More Easy Keto Salad Recipes
We have a whole bunch of amazing low carb salad recipes that are easy to make! Check them out below.
- Korean BBQ Steak Salad
- Steak Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Easy B.L.T Salad with Avocado and Cheese
- Caprese Salad with Tomatoes and Mozzarella
Loaded Caesar Wedge Salad Recipe
- ½ head Iceberg Lettuce
- 4 oz Chicken Breast diced
- 4 oz Bacon chopped
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes halved or diced
- 2 medium Eggs
- 2 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper freshly ground
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese optional
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 pieces Anchovies
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ clove Garlic
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper freshly ground
- Hard boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes. Peel and dice. Set aside.
- In the meantime, heat the avocado oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the diced chicken for 3-5 minutes until crispy and golden. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped bacon to the pan and crisp for a few seconds. Set aside.
- Next, make the dressing: In a blender or food processor combine the mayonnaise with the olive oil, anchovies, lemon juice, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Process until creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper and optionally adjust the acidity by adding a few extra drops of lemon juice.
- Cut wedges out of the iceberg lettuce head and arrange on a serving plate.
- Top with the chicken and bacon, cherry tomatoes, and chopped eggs.
- Add dollops of the dressing and serve garnished with shaved parmesan.