This post-holiday keto kale smoothie is the best way to rejuvenate your body after the party season and feel full of energy again.
Table of Contents
Bounce back with your diet and nutrition without spending hours in the kitchen, all you need is a blender or food processor and a few simple ingredients.
You can freeze the smoothie in batches, in food-safe bags and defrost them in the fridge overnight for a quick breakfast, or you can pre-pack portions of the ingredients in bags and just blend them when you need a quick detoxifying smoothie.
Add berries for a fruity touch and sugar free maple syrup to fix a sweet craving.
Why You'll Love It
- Quick and easy to make
- Packed with vitamins and nutrients
- Great for meal prep by freezing single portions
Green Detox Kale Smoothie Ingredients
This smoothie is packed with ingredients that are not only low carb but loaded with vitamins and nutrients. They contain a number of health benefits as well!
- Kale - a leafy green vegetable that has many health benefits. It contains calcium, iron and vitamin K which can help to reduce the risk of osteoporosis or bone fractures. It can also be good for the heart and can help with digestion.
- Avocado - a good source of fiber, folate and potassium. They contain antioxidants that can help to lower the risk of heart disease or cancer. Avocado also has healthy fats which can help with weight loss and are also good for the heart.
- Celery - a good source of potassium, vitamin C and manganese. It can help with blood pressure regulation and also helps to maintain healthy bones by providing calcium.
- Cucumber - a low-calorie, high water content food that can help to soothe digestive problems. It contains antioxidants and vitamin C which helps to protect cells from premature aging.
- Almond milk - a good source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. It also contains protein which can help to build muscle mass. Almond milk may lower cholesterol levels and improve heart health by reducing the risk of blood clots.
- Peanut butter or tahini - both are a source of protein, fiber and minerals. They may also help to lower cholesterol levels by reducing the risk of blood clots.
- Lemon juice - a source of vitamin C, which helps to keep the immune system healthy. It also contains potassium, magnesium and calcium that can help with bone strength and heart health.
How To Make It
This healthy detox kale smoothie is super easy to make!
- Take your blender and throw in all the ingredients except the ice. Process until smooth.
- Add the ice and use the pulse function.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy cold!
- Freeze: A great option for meal preppers is to make batches of this smoothie and freeze it in freezer-safe bags or containers. You can also freeze the ingredients in bags and blend them when you need a quick and easy smoothie. They'll keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Keto Smoothies
- Keto Strawberry Avocado Smoothie
- Keto Ginger Basil Avocado Smoothie
- Keto Carrot Pineapple Smoothie
- Keto Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
Keto Kale Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup Kale chopped
- ½ Avocado
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- ½ Cucumber chopped
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter or Tahini
- ½ Lemon juice only
- Add the kale, avocado, celery, cucumber, almond milk and peanut butter or tahini, and lemon juice in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add ice and pulse again.
- Pour into serving glasses and serve cold.