The name says it all! This creamy keto avocado smoothie recipe is made with a blend of avocado, cocoa powder and vanilla. An ode to healthy fats that tastes like you’re eating dessert.
Avocados offer nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, plus those good fats that will keep your keto diet on track.
Coconut oil contains natural saturated fats that increase the good kind of cholesterol levels in your body. And the cocoa powder is loaded with nutrients like iron, zinc, selenium, and magnesium.
Anyone else dying to try it?
An Energy Packed Keto Avocado Smoothie
Smoothies are the perfect choice when you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast. The problem is most smoothies aren’t keto-friendly. They’re often made with fruits, juices and types of milk that are all high in sugar.
Don’t worry! Our chocolate avocado smoothie recipe is perfect for your keto diet with only 3g net carbs per glass. You can even use this recipe to make popsicles for when you’re craving a sweet treat.
Looking for meal prep ideas? Make frozen smoothie packs by freezing portions of this recipe in zip lock bags, easy!
Keto Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Crushed Ice
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Adjust the texture with ice if needed and serve cold.
- Alternatively, freeze into Popsicle molds and enjoy as a sweet treat.
- Smoothie’s meal prep: Make freezer smoothie packs by pouring each portion into a zip lock bag and freeze.
- Add a few drops of unsweetened almond milk or heavy cream to make it creamier.
- Add extra ice to make the smoothie thicker.
- Sprinkle with hemp or flaxseed for a low carb garnish. Just make sure you keep track of the nutritional value of the extra ingredients.
- Add blueberries for a fruity flavor.
- Add lemon juice and zest for a citrusy kick.