These keto bread rolls are the perfect soft and fluffy rolls made with only 6 ingredients. Perfect for sandwiches or served as dinner rolls with only 3 grams of net carbs per roll.
Table of Contents
This keto bread rolls recipe guarantees an amazing texture which will satisfy your cravings for carbs without knocking you out of ketosis.
Just make sure to eat them hot or reheat them in the oven or microwave oven before serving. Serve them on their own or with a slick of butter.
You can also use them to make sandwiches and fill them with your favorite ingredients!
Why You'll Love Keto Bread Rolls
- Only 3 grams of net carbs in each roll!!
- Just 10 minutes prep and 20 minutes cooking
- Soft, fluffy and delicious
Low Carb Bread Roll Ingredients
These light and fluffy keto bread rolls only require 6 simple ingredients to make. You'll need:
- Mozzarella cheese - you'll need low moisture mozzarella cheese for these bread rolls. Mozzarella is best because of its mild flavor, but you can substitute it for cheddar cheese if you only have that available.
- Cream cheese - full fat cream cheese that has softened at room temperature. Alternatively, substitute for dairy free cream cheese.
- Almond flour - you'll need blanched almond flour or very fine almond flour for these bread rolls. Make sure you don't use almond meal or your rolls won't be as fluffy.
- Coconut flour - you'll also need some coconut flour to combine with the almond flour for the dough.
- Baking powder - although it's optional, we recommend using baking powder to help the rolls rise and make them extra fluffy!
- Eggs - free range eggs at room temperature. You'll use eggs in both the dough and as a wash to brush over the rolls to give them that lovely shine.
How To Make The Best Keto Bread Rolls
To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a baking pan with baking paper.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder then set aside.
Place the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a double boiler and melt over low heat. Alternatively, microwave the mixture in a covered microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.
Once the cheese mixture is not too hot go ahead and add two eggs. Fold in the flour mixture and transfer everything into a food processor or blender. Process/blend until you get a smooth and sticky dough.
Place the mixture into a plastic food bag or plastic wrap and roll into a ball then divide into 8 pieces.
Lightly oil your hands with a few drops of vegetable oil and rolls the 8 pieces of dough into balls.
Place the dough balls on the prepared baking pan leaving at least 2 inches between each so that they can expand.
Take a small mixing bowl and make the egg wash. Whisk the remaining egg and brush the top of each dough ball with a pastry brush.
Finally, place the tray in the oven and bake the rolls for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot and enjoy!
In the fridge: Any leftover keto bread rolls can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
In the freezer: You can freeze these low carb bread rolls if you want to make a large batch. Wait for the rolls to cool and then place them in a freezer proof ziplock bag and keep them in the freezer for up to 6 months. Make sure you thaw the rolls before reheating.
To reheat: We recommend reheating these rolls as they are quite dense at room temperature. Simply place them in the microwave for around 30 seconds or place them in the oven until warm all the way through.
More Low Carb Bread Recipes
We have a wide range of keto bread alternatives that you can enjoy on your ketogenic diet! Here are some of our favorites:
- Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- Zucchini Bread
- Fathead Bagels
- Easy Egg Loaf
- Fathead Dough
- Creamy Pumpkin Bread
- Best Keto Cornbread
- Banana Bread
Keto Bread Rolls Recipe
- 1 ½ cups Mozzarella Cheese low moisture, grated
- 1 ⅓ cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon Baking Powder
- 3 medium Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a double boiler and melt over low heat. Alternatively microwave the mixture for 30 seconds, covered.
- Make sure the cheese mixture is not too hot and add the eggs. Fold in the flour mixture and transfer in a food processor or blender. Process to get a smooth but sticky dough.
- Place the mixture in a plastic food bag (or plastic/saran wrap) and roll it into a ball.
- Divide into 8 pieces. If the dough is too sticky to work with, lightly oil your hands with a few drops of vegetable oil and roll each piece into a ball.
- Place the dough balls on the prepared baking pan, leaving about 2 inches room to expand.
- For the egg wash, whisk the remaining egg and brush the top of each roll with a pastry brush.
- Bake rolls for about 15-20 minutes until rolls are golden brown and serve hot.