Our most popular Keto BLT Salad that is quick and easy to make! Enjoy the classic combination of bacon, lettuce and tomato with avocado, gouda cheese and a flavorful homemade dressing. Only 5.9 grams net carbs per bowl!
Table of Contents
Say hello to your new favorite low carb salad — one bacon, lettuce and tomato bowl coming right up!
A combination of crispy lettuce, buttery avocado, tender, ripe tomato, crunchy bacon and a handful of gouda cheese. All drizzled with a homemade dressing, this salad is an explosion of flavors and textures.
With only 5.9g of net carbs per bowl, this healthy and filling salad is meal for a low carb diet or if you're on keto. The homemade mayonnaise based dressing makes it even more special.
Why You'll Love It
- Packed with flavor
- Only 5.9 grams of net carbs per bowl
- Loaded with vitamins and nutrients
Healthy Salad Ingredients
This salad is loaded with ingredients that aren't just loaded with flavor but also vitamins and nutrients too. You can rest assured you're enjoying a healthy salad that is great tasting and great for you.
For the BLT Salad
- Romaine lettuce - every great salad starts with lettuce and romaine lettuce has the perfect crunch with a slightly savory flavor. It's low in calories and also an excellent source of vitamin K, folate and potassium.
- Tomato - adds a sweet and tangy flavor while also being a great source of lycopene, which is an antioxidant that has been shown to help protect against cancer and heart disease. Tomatoes also contain the carotenoid beta-carotene, which is converted in the body to vitamin A.
- Avocado - buttery and creamy, avocados are a nutrient dense food that provide more than double the amount of vitamin E per serving compared with other fruits and vegetables. They also have potassium, fiber and even protein.
- Bacon - crispy bacon adds extra crunch along with the romaine lettuce. We've also put together a great guide to cooking bacon in a pan perfectly every time!
- Gouda cheese - a smooth and mild cheese with a slightly nutty flavor that has been named "the most perfect cheese in the world" by The New York Times. It's slightly hard and great at absorbing flavors, perfect for our BLT salad.
For the Homemade Dressing
- Mayonnaise and milk - make sure to use full-fat versions for the base of the homemade dressing.
- Parsley - adds a light flavor with hints of anise and thyme. It's also a very healthy herb that contains vitamins A, C and K, folate, iron and calcium. It also has antioxidant properties, which may help to protect the body from cancer and heart disease.
- Dill - a pungent, spicy and slightly sweet herb that also has a number of health benefits. It has anti-inflammatory properties, is used to treat digestive issues such as bloating and gas, helps digestion by stimulating the production of stomach acid, and has been used to treat menstrual cramps.
- Seasonings - the additional seasonings we use in this recipe are simply garlic powder, salt and pepper. Feel free to add any of your own extra herbs and spice combinations as well!
How To Make A Keto BLT Salad
- Prep the bacon. Heat the bacon in a pan for 3-4 minutes until perfectly crispy. Learn how to cook bacon in a pan so that it is perfectly crispy and crunchy.
- Prep the salad. Grab a bowl and arrange the shredded lettuce in the bottom. Arrange the chopped tomato, avocado, cheese and bacon pieces on top.
- Prep the dressing. Simply whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, parsley, dried dill, garlic powder with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Finish the salad. Generously drizzle the homemade dressing over the BLT salad and serve immediately.
Any leftover BLT salad can be stored in an air tight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Just add some extra dressing and seasonings to refresh the salad when you're ready to eat!
More Keto Salad Recipes
- Keto Halloumi Salad with Egg & Avocado
- Keto Cauliflower Salad
- Keto Pancetta Salad with Walnuts & Chestnuts
- Keto Deviled Egg Salad
Keto BLT Salad Recipe
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce shredded
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 1 Avocado diced
- 8 slices Crispy Bacon
- ½ cup Gouda Cheese shredded
For the BLT Salad Dressing
- ½ cup Mayonnaise full-fat
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 tablespoon Parsley fresh, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dill dried
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat a dry, non-stick pan and crisp the bacon for 3-4 minutes. Chop and set aside. Our guide to cooking bacon in a pan perfectly and crispy every time!
- Arrange the lettuce in a salad bowl. Top with the tomatoes, avocado, cheese and bacon.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise with the milk, parsley, dried dill, garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.