A recipe that celebrates keto cake bars proudly added to our collection! Even die-hard chocolate devotees will admit that nothing beats a fudgy piece of carrot cake with a scrumptious cream cheese frosting for breakfast, snack or dessert.
Ultra-moist and buttery, with a hint of vanilla and just 10 minutes of hands-on prep, this is the best keto carrot cake recipe that we ever tasted!
Carrot Cake Bars Ingredients
- Coconut flour
- Peanut butter
- Cream cheese
- Erythritol (liquid, granulated and powdered)
- Vanilla extract
How To Make Keto Carrot Cake Bars
In a small saucepan over low heat combine the peanut butter and liquid Erythritol. Stir constantly and add the vanilla extract until everything is well combined.
In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, cinnamon, salt and granulated Erythritol. Mix everything together to combine and then fold in the grated carrot. Add the peanut butter mixture and stir well. Gradually add the milk while you continue mixing until the batter reaches a thick fudgy consistency.
Line an 8x8-inch dish with parchment paper and pour in the dough. Spread it evenly in the dish using the back of a spoon and then place it in the fridge while you make the frosting.
To make the frosting grab a large mixing bowl whisk together the cream cheese, cinnamon and powdered Erythritol. Take the dish out of the fridge and spread the frosting evenly over the dough. If you want a soft carrot cake bar you can cut and serve straight away, or you can return them to the fridge until firm.
Keto Carrot Cake Bar Tips
- Life Made Easy Tip: This recipe requires three different types of Erythritol; liquid, granulated and powdered. You can make your own powdered Erythritol by grinding your granulated sweetener in a coffee grinder for a few seconds.
- Cooking Tip: Skip the stovetop and use your microwave to melt the peanut butter.
- Make it Fancy Tip: Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and drizzle with a few drops of vanilla olive oil to take it to the next level.
- Serving Suggestion: Slice the cake into bars, stack and wrap in parchment paper and tie with a piece of string or a ribbon
If you want more keto tips and delicious, healthy keto-friendly recipes, make sure to follow our Keto Diet board on Pinterest below!
Keto Carrot Cake Bars
For the Carrot Cake Bars
- 2 cups Coconut Flour
- ⅔ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Milk full-fat
- ¼ cup Liquid Erythritol or sugar-free maple syrup
- ¼ cup Granulated Erythritol
- ¼ cup Butter room temperature
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 ¼ cup Cream Cheese full-fat
- ⅔ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Powdered Erythritol powdered
- Combine the peanut butter with the liquid erythritol in a small saucepan, stirring over low heat. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, cinnamon, salt, granulated Erythritol and mix to combine. Fold in the grated carrot.
- Add the peanut butter mixture and butter and stir well.
- Gradually add the milk in a stream while mixing until you get a thick yet fudgy consistency.
- Line an 8x8-inch container with parchment paper and spread the dough in. Level with the back of a spoon and place in the fridge while you are making the frosting.
- In the meantime, make the frosting: In a large mixing bowl whisk together the cream cheese with the cinnamon and powdered Erythritol.
- Spread over the carrot bars and refrigerate until firm or serve straight away for a softer texture.