This Avocado Caprese Salad is a light and healthy take on the classic and is made in just 5 minutes! Just 7 nutritious ingredients, including ripe avocado, juicy tomato, baby spinach, and fresh mozzarella. Great as a side or light lunch, make it into a complete meal by adding chicken or tuna. This simple salad will satisfy your taste buds and keep you feeling full all day.
Table of Contents
Healthy Caprese Salad with Avocado and Balsamic Cream
Whenever I want a light and healthy lunch, my go-to meals are a shrimp salad, cauliflower pizza, or this avocado Caprese salad recipe.
This salad is a low-carb take on the classic Caprese salad and is light, fresh, and accented with the creamy flavors of avocado and mozzarella. Baby spinach leaves are added for extra fiber, and the salad is drizzled with balsamic vinegar cream and olive oil.
Choose ripe avocados, and always use fresh mozzarella for your Caprese salad. You can also add chicken or tuna to boost the protein and make this salad a complete meal. It's also gluten-free, vegetarian, and grain-free with only 2.9 grams of carbs in each serving!
Caprese Salad with Avocado Ingredients
- Avocado - Loaded with healthy fats and adds a deliciously rich flavor and creamy texture to the salad.
- Baby spinach - These are tender, nutrient-rich greens that provide a healthy base and crunchy texture to the salad.
- Tomato - Adds a burst of color and juicy sweetness to the salad.
- Mozzarella - This soft, mild cheese is a traditional Caprese salad ingredient that adds a delicious texture and flavor to the dish.
- Olive oil - This heart-healthy oil is an excellent source of healthy fats and adds a deliciously smooth texture to the salad. Use extra virgin olive oil for a more mild taste.
- Balsamic vinegar cream - This tangy, sweet, and savory dressing adds a delicious burst of flavor and richness to the salad.
- Basil - This fragrant herb is a classic Caprese salad ingredient that adds a refreshing and aromatic flavor.
How To Make Caprese Avocado Salad
- Prep the salad. Arrange the spinach leaves, tomato slices, avocado slices, and fresh mozzarella cheese in a salad bowl.
- Add the dressing. Season generously with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar cream. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Leftover avocado Caprese salad should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To prevent the avocado from turning brown, squeeze some lemon or lime juice over the avocado before storing it. It's best to keep the dressing separately and drizzle it over the salad just before serving to prevent it from becoming soggy. The salad can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
More Salad Recipes To Try
- Strawberry Caprese Salad
- Korean BBQ Steak Salad
- Loaded Caesar Wedge Salad
- B.L.T Salad with Avocado and Cheese
Avocado Caprese Salad Recipe
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 4 oz Mozzarella Cheese sliced
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 2-3 tablespoon Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar Cream
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Arrange the spinach leaves, tomatoes, avocado slices, and mozzarella cheese slices into a salad bowl.
- Season generously and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar cream. Serve at room temperature, garnished with fresh basil leaves.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Leave a review or ask a question