This mini keto cheeseburger pie recipe is the best low carb alternative to cheeseburgers. Ground beef seasoned and sautéed to perfection, a creamy cheese sauce and golden cheesy outer layer — and only 3.2 grams of net carbs!
Table of Contents
Meat pies are filling and so satisfying but they are not the easiest meal to pack for lunch, right? Not anymore!
You can pack those mini keto cheeseburger pies in a bento box or lunch bag and enjoy them any time of the day!
Plus, the mini single-serving size cuts the baking time in half compared to a large, family sized pie, making this recipe perfect for meal prepping.
Why You'll Love Keto Mini Cheeseburger Pies
- Only 3.2 grams of net carbs!
- Great for meal prepping
- Simple and satisfying
Keto Cheeseburger Pie Ingredients
To make these delicious, low-carb mini cheeseburger pies you'll only need 10 main ingredients.
- Ground beef - ground beef with 30% fat will make the most juicy and flavorful burgers. You can also substitute ground beef for ground chicken or ground turkey.
- Cheese - your favorite types of mixed cheese that has been shredded. Cheddar, Gouda, Swiss and Monterey Jack all work perfectly with this burger recipe.
- Heavy cream - helps the ground beef (or other protein) stay moist.
- Eggs - eggs will help bind our burgers together and provide extra protein.
- Dried onion - onion adds lots of flavor to the burgers, you can also substitute dried onion for freshly chopped onion as well.
- Mayonnaise - adds extra moistness and flavor to keep our burgers juicy.
- Worcestershire sauce - helps to enhance the beef (or other protein substitute) flavors in the burgers.
- Olive oil - to sauté our ground beef and seasonings.
- Garlic powder - adds extra flavor to our burgers.
- Ground mustard - adds extra flavor to our burgers.
How To Make Keto Cheeseburger Pies
To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and sauté the ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, mustard powder and garlic powder.
Add the dried onions and mix well, then remove the pan from the heat.
Add 1 cup of the mixed cheese to the beef mixture and combine. Divide the mixture into small baking trays.
Take a mixing bowl and whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce and mayonnaise. Spread the mixture over the top of the beef mixture in the baking trays.
Next, top the baking trays with the remaining shredded mixed cheese.
Bake for around 10 minutes until the cheese is golden. Serve hot and enjoy!
Any leftover keto cheeseburger pie can be kept in an airtight contain the the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 4 days.
This recipe is great for meal prepping and you can multiply the ingredients to make a large batch. Divide into portions and freeze in airtight freezer proof containers or freezer bags. It will keep for up to 3 months.
To reheat from frozen remove the keto cheeseburger pie from the freezer and let it sit for 2 to 3 hours to thaw at room temperature. You can also use your microwave defrost setting.
Place it in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for around 10 minutes or in the microwave until heated all the way through.
More Keto Ground Beef Recipes
Looking for more easy recipes when you're busy? Here are some other great ground beef recipes that we love to eat.
- Stuffed Peppers with Ground Beef
- Ground Beef Cauliflower Curry
- Kung Pao Meatballs
- Chinese Cabbage Stir-Fry
Keto Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 cups Shredded Mixed Cheese
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 medium Eggs
- 2 tablespoon Dried Onion
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Mustard
- Sea Salt to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the ground beef, seasoning with salt, pepper, mustard powder, and garlic powder.
- Add the dried onions and mix well. Remove from the heat.
- Add 1 cup of mixed cheese to the beef and divide the mixture into small pie baking trays.
- Whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, and mayonnaise and spread over the beef mixture.
- Top with the remaining shredded, mixed cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden and serve hot.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Leave a review or ask a question