Learn how to make a healthy ground beef cauliflower curry. Ground beef and cauliflower are combined in this easy-to-make, one-pot, and low-carb recipe that is perfect for weeknight dinners.
Table of Contents
This is a one-pot curry recipe, made with ground beef and cauliflower, sautéed in ghee or butter, and then simmered in a thick and fragrant coconut cream sauce.
Ground beef is a great base that absorbs spices well, making this recipe faster and easier than if we were to use beef chunks.
The taste is very similar to the classic Indian dish "Aloo Keema." Comforting and packed with flavor, this recipe is perfect for midweek dinners.
Why You'll Love Ground Beef Cauliflower Curry
- Comforting and full of flavor
- One-pot recipe for an easy clean up
- Quick and simple to make, ready in just 20 minutes!
- Healthy weeknight dinner idea
Easy Ground Beef Curry
This keto ground beef cauliflower curry is a healthy and comforting dish full of flavor. The cauliflower is nutritious and adds extra fiber, and the coconut milk gives it extra depth.
It's a simple but delicious recipe for those on keto, low carb, or paleo diets. Low in carbs, high in fat and protein, and very filling — the perfect healthy dinner!
Keto Curry Ingredients
- Ground beef - works great because herbs and spices are mixed right into the center of the meat. This makes it more flavorful than larger chunks of steak where the seasonings sit on the surface.
- Cauliflower - is low in carbs and has many added health benefits . It contains high fiber and vitamins A, C, D, and K.
- Coconut milk - is another ingredient that is low in carbs. It's great to use in cooking because it has a mild taste and creamy texture.
- Red onion - is a great source of vitamin C, folate, and extra fiber. Another healthy ingredient that has numerous health benefits .
- Garlic - is a good source of vitamin B6, which helps regulate blood sugar. It's also rich in antioxidants that may help prevent cancer and heart disease .
- Ghee - you can use ghee or butter for this recipe. Ghee has a lower melting temperature than regular butter, so it's great for frying foods without burning them.
- Spices - a combination of cumin, curry powder, and salt are the perfect simple combination of spices for this recipe. Ground beef absorbs the flavors directly into the meat for amazing flavor.
How To Make Ground Beef Cauliflower Curry
Ground beef and cauliflower are combined in this easy-to-make, one-pot, and low-carb recipe that is perfect for weeknight dinners. Here's how to make it:
- Prep the ground beef and cauliflower. Start by heating the ghee or butter in a saucepan. Sauté the ground beef and cauliflower florets until cooked evenly. This should take about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the flavor. Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes. Season everything with curry powder, cumin, and salt.
- Add the liquids. Pour in the coconut milk and cook for a further 10 minutes. You want the curry to reach a thick stew-like consistency and may need to add some extra water at this stage. Serve hot, and enjoy!
- Store: You can store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Make sure you let it reach room temperature first.
- Freeze: You can also freeze the curry in freezer-safe containers for up to 4 months. It's a great meal prep option; you can easily increase the ingredients to make a large batch.
- Storage Tip: Store curry in a glass container, as it can stain some plastic containers.
More Keto Dinner Recipes
- Keto Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms and Sour Cream
- Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- The BEST Keto Meatloaf
- Keto Chicken Pad Thai
Ground Beef Cauliflower Curry Recipe
- 2 cups Ground Beef
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1 can Coconut Milk unsweetened, cold
- ½ medium Red Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Ghee or Butter
- 2 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Heat the butter or ghee in a saucepan and sauté the ground beef with the cauliflower florets for 5-7 minutes, stirring to cook evenly.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for 5 more minutes, seasoning with curry, cumin, and salt.
- Pour in the coconut milk and cook for 10 more minutes, adding water if needed to reach a thick stew consistency.
- Serve hot or allow to reach room temperature and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Is the ground beef pre cooked prior to recipe or raw?
The ground beef is raw. It's sauteed with the cauliflower florets in the recipe's first step.