Learn how to make a healthy ground beef cauliflower curry. Ground beef and cauliflower are combined in this easy-to-make, one-pot and low-carb recipe that is perfect for weeknight dinners.
Table of Contents
This is a one-pot curry recipe, made with ground beef and cauliflower, sautéed in ghee or butter and then simmered in a thick and fragrant coconut cream sauce.
Ground beef is a great base that absorbs spices well and it makes this recipe faster and easier than if we were to use beef chunks.
The taste is very similar to the classic Indian dish "Aloo Keema".
Comforting and packed with flavor, this recipe is perfect for midweek dinners.
Why You'll Love Ground Beef Cauliflower Curry
- Comforting and full of flavor.
- One-pot recipe for easy clean up.
- Quick and simple to make, ready in just 20 minutes!
- Healthy weeknight dinner idea.
Easy Ground Beef Curry
This keto ground beef cauliflower curry is a healthy and comforting dish that’s full of flavor. The cauliflower is nutritious and adds extra fiber, and the coconut milk gives it extra depth.
It's a simple but delicious recipe that is perfect for those who are on keto, low carb, or paleo diets. Low in carbs, high in fat and protein and very filling — the perfect healthy dinner!
Keto Curry Ingredients
- Ground beef - works great because herbs and spices are mixed right into the center of the meat. This makes it more flavorful than larger chunks of steak where the seasonings just sit on the surface.
- Cauliflower - it's low in carbs and has lots of added health benefits . It contains a high amount of fiber and is loaded with vitamins A, C, D and K.
- Coconut milk - another ingredient hat is low in carbs. It's great to use in cooking because it has a mild taste and creamy texture.
- Red onion - a great source of vitamin C, folate and extra fiber. Another healthy ingredient that has numerous health benefits .
- Garlic - a good source of vitamin B6, which helps regulate blood sugar. It's also rich in antioxidants that may help prevent cancer and heart disease .
- Ghee - you can use ghee or butter for this recipe. Ghee has a lower melting temperature than regular butter, so it's great for frying foods without burning them.
- Spices - a combination of cumin, curry powder and salt are the perfect simple combination of spices for this recipe. The ground beef absorbs the flavors directly into the meat for amazing flavor.
How To Make Ground Beef Cauliflower Curry
Ground beef and cauliflower are combined in this easy-to-make, one-pot and low-carb recipe that is perfect for weeknight dinners. Here's how to make it:
- Prep the ground beef and cauliflower. Start by heating the ghee or butter in a saucepan. Sauté the ground beef and cauliflower florets until cooked evenly. This should take about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the flavor. Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the saucepan and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season everything with the curry powder, cumin and salt.
- Add the liquids. Pour in the coconut milk and cook for a further 10 minutes. You want the curry to reach a thick stew-like consistency and may need to add some extra water at this stage. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Store: You can store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refridgerator. Make sure you let it reach room temperature first.
- Freeze: You can also freeze the curry in freezer-safe containers for up to 4 months. It's a great meal prep option and you can easily increase the ingredients to make a large batch.
- Storage Tip: Store curry in a glass container as it can stain some plastic containers.
More Keto Dinner Recipes
- Keto Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms and Sour Cream
- Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- The BEST Keto Meatloaf
- Keto Chicken Pad Thai
Ground Beef Cauliflower Curry Recipe
- 2 cups Ground Beef
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1 can Coconut Milk unsweetened, cold
- ½ medium Red Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Ghee or Butter
- 2 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Heat the butter or ghee in a saucepan and sauté the beef with the cauliflower florets for 5-7 minutes, stirring to cook evenly.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for 5 more minutes, seasoning with curry, cumin and salt.
- Pour in the coconut milk and cook for 10 more minutes, adding water if needed to reach a thick stew consistency.
- Serve hot or allow to reach room temperature and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.