Delicious keto stuffed peppers are an easy-to-make, healthy dinner recipe. Bell peppers filled with ground beef, cauliflower and topped with melted Edam cheese, yum!
Table of Contents
These keto stuffed bell peppers with ground beef come together quickly but have enough punch to impress even the pickiest eaters.
Even those not following a low carb diet are going to absolutely LOVE this recipe!
Enriched with cauliflower rice for extra fiber and vitamins, it’s a lovely family meal that will make any dinner feel extra special.
Why You'll Love Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Only 5.7 grams of net carbs!!
- Visually stunning and taste amazing
- Packed with fiber and vitamins
- Simple and easy to make
Keto Stuffed Peppers Ingredients
You'll only need 9 key ingredients to make these easy low carb stuffed bell peppers.
- Bell peppers - medium or large sized bell peppers of your choice. You can cut them lengthwise or remove the tops to fill.
- Ground beef - lean ground beef works best for this recipe as it reduces the moisture content and total fat.
- Cauliflower - you'll need some grated cauliflower 'rice' to add to the ground beef.
- Cheese - our stuffed bell peppers are topped with grated Edam our Gouda cheese.
- Tomatoes - you can use crushed canned tomatoes or tomato puree for this recipe, whatever you have available.
- Olive oil - we used olive oil but any vegetable oil will work.
- Seasonings - we used garlic powder, dried basil, mild paprika, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for this recipe.
How To Make Keto Stuffed Peppers
To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
Take a frying pan and add the olive oil over a high heat. Sauté the ground beef for 3 to 5 minutes seasoning with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika and dried basil. Add the crushed tomatoes and continue to cook for another minute.
Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the grated cauliflower. Stir everything together well until fully incorporated.
Wash and cut the bell peppers lengthwise or remove the tops to make cups. Remove the seeds to make them hollow and arrange them on a baking pan.
Fill each bell pepper with the ground beef mixture and top with grated Edam cheese.
Add about half a cup of water to the bottom of the baking pan to make sure the stuffed peppers stay moist while baking.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the peppers are tender. Add more water to the bottom of the pan if needed while baking.
Serve hot and enjoy!
In the fridge: leftover stuffed peppers can be kept in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
In the freezer: you can freeze these stuffed peppers by storing them in air tight freezer proof containers where they'll keep for up to 6 months.
How to reheat: whether frozen or from the fridge, place in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until heated all the way through. You can also warm them up in a preheated oven.
More Keto Ground Beef Recipes
Looking for more delicious low carb recipes using ground beef? Try some of our favorites:
- Ground Beef Cauliflower Curry
- Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms and Sour Cream
- Chinese Cabbage Stir Fry
- Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- 6 Bell Peppers any colors
- 2 cup Ground Beef
- 1 cup Cauliflower grated
- 1 cup Edam or Gouda Cheese grated
- 1 cup Canned Crushed Tomatoes or Tomato Puree
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Mild Paprika
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the ground beef for 3-5 minutes, over high heat, seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and dried basil. Add the crushed tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the grated cauliflower. Stir to incorporate to the mixture.
- Halve the bell peppers lengthwise or alternatively cut off the tops of the peppers to make cups. Remove the seeds, arrange on a baking pan and stuff the peppers with the ground beef mixture.
- Top with the cheese and add some water (about half a cup) to the pan to ensure the peppers remain moist while they are baking in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the peppers are tender, adding more water to the pan if needed.
- Serve hot.