Our Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole is an easy low-carb dinner recipe full of yummy ingredients! Ground beef, peppers, onions and lots of cheese make this a hearty casserole that is ready in just 40 minutes.
Table of Contents
Your search for the perfect midweek casserole is over. Tuck into a hearty dinner with this keto philly cheesesteak casserole recipe!
Made with ground beef, this version comes together in no time. The cream cheese makes it hearty and comforting while the provolone layer on top adds a crispy, satisfying texture.
It freezes well so don’t hesitate to double the recipe! You'll have a quick ready meal in hand next time you are in a hurry. This really is the BEST recipe for philly cheesesteak casserole so be sure to give it a try!
Low-Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
For this keto casserole, you'll only need 8 ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Red and green peppers
- Cream cheese
- Provolone cheese
- Red onion
- Salt and black pepper
This recipe makes 4 servings but you can easily multiply the ingredients and make a bigger casserole. It's a great option for feeding a big group of people. You can even freeze the leftovers for when you need a quick and easy dinner.
The nutritional information for each serving is listed below the recipe. Our keto philly cheesesteak casserole contains only 5.0g net carbs per serving.
How To Make Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
Now you're ready to make the perfect keto philly cheesesteak casserole! It's quick and easy to make with just 10 minutes of prep and will be ready to eat in 40 minutes.
First, before we get started, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Brown your ground beef. In a large pan or skillet start cooking the beef breaking up any large chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
Sauté your vegetables. Add your chopped onions and peppers to the beef and cook for around 10 minutes over medium-high heat. Do this until the beef is golden brown. Once everything is ready add your parsley and stir until it's mixed in.
Transfer to an oven dish. Now we're almost ready to bake! Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof baking dish or casserole dish.
Add the cheese. Add dollops of cream cheese evenly over the surface of the mixture. Next, add the slices of provolone cheese on top making sure to cover it entirely.
Bake the casserole. Bake the casserole in your preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Time to serve. Allow the casserole to cool for around 5 minutes and then serve hot. Make sure you cook enough because everyone will ask for seconds!
Low-Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Tips
Use steak - You can also use steak instead of ground beef in this recipe! Simply fry your steak and cut it into bite-sized pieces. Sauté the vegetables separately and then add in the steak pieces.
Meal prep - Prepare a double or triple batch and freeze in portions. When you need a quick and easy meal just heat in the oven or microwave.
More Delicious Keto Recipes
If you love this keto philly cheesesteak casserole you'll love these recipes too:
- Greek Moussaka Recipe - Eggplant and minced beef topped with a creamy egg sauce and a golden layer of crispy cheese – the perfect low carb comfort food!
- Keto Eggplant Casserole - A delicious combination of eggplant, tomato sauce and crispy melted cheese – yum!
- 2 cups Ground Beef
- 1 cup Red and Green Peppers sliced
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 6 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 medium Red Onion chopped
- ¼ cup Parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the butter in a wide skillet and cook the ground beef with the chopped onions and peppers for 10 minutes seasoning with salt and pepper until golden brown.
- Add the parsley and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish and add dollops of cream cheese evenly throughout the surface.
- Top with the provolone cheese slices and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve hot.