This keto naan bread recipe is the perfect low carb alternative to classic Indian naan. Crispy, fluffy naan topped with olive oil and parsley, each piece has just 1.1 grams of net carbs!
Table of Contents
This is the ultimate keto naan bread recipe that will make you change your mind about making your own bread at home.
Simple, basic ingredients and 10 minutes total is all you need to make this delicious naan that goes perfectly with any Indian dish or pretty much anything!
Pro-tip: Use coarse salt for the topping for that extra jazz!
Why You'll Love Low Carb Naan Bread
- Only 1.1 grams of net carbs!!
- Packed with fiber
- Super easy to make in just 10 minutes
- Satisfying bread substitute
Keto Naan Bread Ingredients
This keto naan bread recipe couldn't be easier with just 8 simple ingredients. You'll need:
- Coconut flour - we'll use coconut flour as a low carb substitute to standard flour.
- Greek yogurt - room temperature Greek yogurt to make sure you get a lump free dough.
- Psyllium husk - combined with the xanthan gum helps to make the naan more elastic. Also adds a generous amount of healthy dietary fiber.
- Coconut oil - combined with the other wet ingredients to make the naan dough.
- Sesame seeds - go perfect sprinkled on the naan, you can leave these out if you don't have them or don't like them.
- Xanthan gum - adds to the elasticity of the naan bread.
- Baking powder - helps to make the naan rise when baking.
- Olive oil - to brush over the naan when it comes out of the oven.
- Parsley - fresh chopped parsley to sprinkle over the golden naan.
How To Make Keto Naan Bread
To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a baking pan with baking paper.
Take a mixing bowl and combine the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. In another mixing bowl, combine the hot water, Greek yogurt and coconut oil.
Next, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until you get a lump free dough. Shape the dough into a ball and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Once the dough has finished resting, cut it into 6 equally sized piece. Roll each piece between two sheets of baking paper until you get naan shaped flatbreads.
Place the naan on the lined baking tray and sprinkle over sesame seeds. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown and then brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and chopped parsley.
Keto Naan Storage Instructions
In the fridge: Any leftover keto naan bread can bet stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Make sure you store it completely covered with plastic wrap or in an air tight container.
In the freezer: You can freeze low carb naan bread to use at your own convenience by placing them in freezer-proof bags, or in a container with each piece separated by a sheet of baking paper. They'll freeze well for at least 2 months.
How to thaw: To thaw naan bread from frozen, let it sit at room temperature or place it in the refrigerator overnight.
How to reheat: To reheat our keto naan simple place it in the microwave sprinkled with a little bit of water and covered with a piece of baking paper. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until heated all the way through.
More Low Carb Bread Recipes
Are you following a low carb diet and craving bread? Don't worry! We've got you covered. Check out our keto-friendly bread recipes below:
- Best Keto Bread Rolls
- Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- Easy Zucchini Bread
- Keto Fathead Bagels
- Keto Egg Loaf
- Creamy Pumpkin Bread
- Best Keto Cornbread
- Almond Flour Banana Bread
Keto Naan Bread Recipe
For the Naan Bread
For the Topping
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2-3 tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- Sea Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl combine the hot water, yogurt, and coconut oil.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to make a lump-free dough. Shape into a ball and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 6 pieces and place in between two pieces of baking paper. Roll out into small flatbreads.
- Place on the baking pan and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and chopped parsley and serve.
Nutritional information for the recipe is calculated based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe we provide. Erythritol and other sugar-free sweetener carbs are not included in the carb counts. Net carbohydrates are the total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber.
© KetoDietYum.com – Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single images may be used when full credit and a link back to the original content on KetoDietYum.com is provided.