This rosemary keto focaccia bread is a chewy, scrumptious, Italian-style focaccia bread that goes incredibly well with stews, salads, dips, soups, sauces, and sandwiches.
Table of Contents
What is Keto Focaccia Bread?
This keto focaccia is made with Greek yogurt and olive oil, and topped with flaky salt and rosemary for that extra boost of yumminess!
It’s so easy to make but no one will know, as it tastes like a real artisan bread from the fancy bakery that you have been eyeing!
Why You'll Love Keto Focaccia
- Just 3.2 grams of net carbs!!
- Perfect with so many dishes including stews, salads, dips, soups and sauces.
- Low carb alternative to bread
Rosemary Focaccia Bread Ingredients
Almond flour - finely ground blanched almond flour works best for this recipe. Avoid using coarse almond flour.
Greek yogurt - room temperature full-fat Greek yogurt.
Butter - make sure the butter is softened and at room temperature. It should melt when you touch it.
Olive oil - a key ingredient in focaccia bread loaded with healthy fats.
Eggs - medium or large eggs at room temperature. If the eggs are too cold the bread won't rise.
Rosemary - dried rosemary or fresh rosemary sprigs are perfect.
Baking soda - works with the eggs to help the bread rise.
Xanthan gum - helps to thicken and stabilize the bread. You can also use ground flaxseed if you don't have any on hand.
Garlic powder - adds the delicious garlic flavor to the bread.
Salt flakes - coarse salt flakes to sprinkle on top (like pretzels).
How To Make Keto Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) and line a 8x12 inch baking pan with baking paper.
Take a large mixing bowl and combine the Greek yogurt, butter and half of the olive oil. Use an electric mixer set to high speed to whisk everything together.
Add the eggs one at a time while continuing the whisk with the mixer.
Fold in the almond flour, baking soda, xanthan gum and garlic powder. Knead the mixture until it becomes a dough.
Transfer the dough into the lined baking pan and flatten it out with your hands. Sprinkle the salt flakes and rosemary over the dough and drizzle over the remaining olive oil.
Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly golden. Focaccia bread can be served hot or cold.
In the pantry: you can store focaccia bread in the pantry by tightly wrapping it in plastic wrap. It will keep for up to 2 days.
In the fridge: to store focaccia bread in the fridge, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 4 days.
In the freezer: for more long term storage, wrap the focaccia bread in plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer proof bag or container. It will keep for up to one month.
Keto Rosemary Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 1 ¾ cups Almond flour
- 4 oz Greek Yogurt
- 4 oz Butter softened
- 2 oz Olive Oil divided
- 4 medium Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary dried
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line an 8x12 inch baking pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the Greek yogurt with the butter and half the amount of olive oil and whisk using an electric mixer on high speed.
- Add the eggs one at a time, while still beating with the mixer.
- Fold in the almond flour, baking soda, xanthan gum and garlic powder and knead to make a dough.
- Transfer the dough onto the prepared baking tray and flatten with your hands.
- Sprinkle with salt and rosemary and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until slightly golden and serve hot or cold.