You'll love this popular easy keto cinnamon rolls recipe! Fathead cinnamon rolls are the ultimate sweet treat, with only 2.1g carbs per roll.
Table of Contents
Keto cinnamon rolls may very well be the best low-carb breakfast ever. They have warm spiciness from the cinnamon, a satisfying chewy dough with sweet and thick icing.
Perfect for either breakfast, brunch, or dessert (or anytime you're craving something sweet!)
I love to enjoy them with a frosty keto frappuccino, and one of the best things is that they're ready in just 40 minutes!
Are Cinnamon Rolls Keto?
Nobody would think of cinnamon rolls as being low in carbs! However, our fathead dough cinnamon rolls are made with almond flour fathead dough.
This cuts down on the carbs, and each cinnamon roll has just over 2 net carbs with the frosting! The perfect keto dessert.
Best Keto Cinnamon Rolls Ingredients
For the Fathead Cinnamon Roll Dough:
- Almond flour
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cream cheese
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
For the Filling:
For the Glaze:
- Powdered erythritol
- Whipping cream
How to Make Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Take your blender or food processor and combine the almond flour, Erythritol, baking powder, eggs, and vanilla extract. Use the pulse function until you get a smooth batter.
Now it's time to melt the mozzarella. You have two options:
- You can either pop it in the microwave for about 60 seconds until it melts.
- You can make a DIY double boiler by simmering a few inches of water in a saucepan. Place a heat-proof bowl with the mozzarella on top of the saucepan until it melts.
Next, add the melted mozzarella to the batter and stir until well-mixed. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for an hour until firm.
Once the batter has set, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll with a rolling pin or tall glass. Aim for a rectangle shape approximately one-third of an inch thick.
Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle it with Erythritol and cinnamon. Make sure it's covered evenly!
Now, roll the dough tightly and slice it into one-inch-thick slices.
Arrange the slices tightly on a baking pan and bake until golden brown.
While the rolls are baking, it's time to make the glaze. Whisk together the Erythritol and heavy cream until you get a thick icing.
When the rolls are finished, take them out of the oven and allow them to cool. Drizzle with the glaze and serve warm!
Fathead Keto Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
For the Keto Cinnamon Rolls
For the Filling
- ¼ cup Butter melted
- 2 tablespoon Erythritol
- 1 ½ tablespoon Cinnamon ground
For the Glaze
- 2 tablespoon Erythritol powdered
- 1 tablespoon Whipping Cream
- In a blender or food processor, combine the almond flour with the Erythritol, baking powder, eggs and vanilla extract. Pulse to get a smooth batter.
- Microwave the mozzarella with the cream cheese for about 60 seconds to melt and fuse into the cheese mixture. Alternatively, make a do-it-yourself double boiler by simmering a few inches of water in a saucepan and stacking a heat-proof bowl with the cheese on top of the saucepan.
- Add the melted cheese mixture to the batter, then stir to incorporate to the mixture and refrigerate for an hour until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (195°C).
- Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out with a rolling pin or a tall glass, aiming to form a rectangle approx. ⅓’’ thick.
- Brush the dough with butter. Sprinkle with the Erythritol and cinnamon to cover the surface evenly.
- Roll the dough tightly. Slice into 1” thick slices.
- Arrange the slices tightly in a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- In the meantime, make the glaze! Whisk together the Erythritol with the heavy cream until a thick icing is formed.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cinnamon buns and serve.