The best keto coffee ice cream for coffee and dessert lovers! A rich and creamy low carb ice cream you can make without an ice cream maker. Totally guilt-free with only 1.2 grams of net carbs per serving.
Table of Contents
If you love coffee and frozen desserts this keto coffee ice cream will tick all the boxes!
It doesn’t require an ice-cream maker but make sure to add a few tablespoons of gin or vodka to the mixture.
This will lower the freezing point and ensure your ice cream is creamy and easy to scoop!
Why You'll Love Keto Ice Cream
- An incredible 1.2 grams of net carbs!!
- Perfect dessert for coffee lovers
- Easy no-churn recipe
Coffee Ice Cream Ingredients
To make this delicious low carb ice cream you'll only need 6 key ingredients.
- Heavy cream - room temperature heavy cream or whipping cream.
- Erythritol - you'll need some powdered Erythritol or other sugar-free sweetener to make this keto ice cream.
- Eggs - use room temperature free range eggs. For this recipe you'll need 1 whole egg and 2 egg yolks.
- Gin or Vodka - adding a few tablespoons of gin or vodka helps to lower the ice creams freezing point which will make it much easier to scoop.
- Espresso - your favorite powdered instant espresso or coffee.
- Vanilla extract - adds extra flavor and richness to the ice cream.
How To Make Keto Coffee Ice Cream
To get started, take a small saucepan and heat the heavy cream over medium heat.
Add the instant espresso, salt and vanilla extract then whisk until well combined.
Bring the mixture to a simmer while continually stirring.
Continue to stir while the heavy cream mixtures begins to boil.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and Erythritol until light and fluffy.
Bring another saucepan of water to a boil to make a double boiler. Place the bowl with the egg mixture on top.
Gradually add the heavy cream mixture into the egg mixture while continually stirring for around 5 minutes until the mixture thickens up. Next, mix in the gin or vodka.
Transfer the mixture to the fridge and let it chill for at least 30 minutes. Once chilled, transfer the mixture into a freezer proof container and place it in the freezer to set.
Stir the mixture every hour for the first two hours to achieve a more creamy consistency. After 3 hours the keto coffee ice cream will be ready to enjoy!
Keep your keto coffee ice cream in a freezer proof container and store it in the freezer where it will keep for up to 2 weeks. Because of the lack of preservatives it won't last as long as store bought ice creams.
More Keto Ice Cream Recipes
Looking for more low carb ice creams or alternatives that you can enjoy without kicking yourself out of ketosis? Check out some of our favorites below.
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ¾ cup Powdered Erythritol
- 2 medium Eggs yolk only
- 1 medium Egg
- 2 tablespoon Gin or Vodka
- 1 tablespoon Instant Espresso
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- In a small saucepan heat the heavy cream over medium heat.
- Add the instant espresso, salt, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Keep stirring while the heavy cream begins to boil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and the powdered Erythritol until light and fluffy.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil (to make a double boiler) and place the bowl with the egg mixture on top
- Gradually add the heavy cream mixture into the egg mixture, while stirring constantly for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens up. Add the gin or vodka.
- Allow the mixture to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Transfer into a freezer proof container and place in the freezer.
- Stir the mixture every hour for the first two hours to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Serve frozen.