With just 5 ingredients I am positive this is the best low carb vanilla ice cream recipe there is!
For you girls that are like me and can eat an entire pint of ice cream without realizing it then this keto vanilla ice cream recipe is for you.
- 4 large Eggs yolks and whites separated
- ¼ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ½ cup Powdered Erythritol
- 1 ¼ cups Heavy Whipping Cream chilled
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites and add the cream of tartar.
- As the egg whites thicken, slowly add the powdered Erythritol (sweetener).
- Whisk until soft peaks form.
- In another bowl whisk cream until soft peaks form.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs yolks and vanilla extract.
- Fold the eggs whites into the whipped cream.
- Gently add the egg mixture and combine.
- Place mixture into a suitable container, and freeze for 3-4 hours, overnight is better.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Readers also love
Calories: 281 kcal Carbohydrates: 2.33 g Protein: 9.33 g Fat: 25 g
Wow, this ice cream is even better than the shop bought ones and so easy to make. Thank you Jennifer ? my family loves it too, they don’t even realise it’s a healthier version.
Hey Vanessa, thank you so much for the comment! I'm glad you and your family loved it.
Isn't that great? Lots of the recipes people don't even know are keto when I serve them 🙂