These delicious keto chicken nuggets are coated with a crispy pork rind coating and are the perfect comfort food! Ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes with an incredibly low 0.3 grams of net carbs.
Table of Contents
The back-to-school season comes with a bitter-sweet feeling—the excitement of a fresh start combined with new responsibilities.
My goal is to create family-friendly recipes that everyone can enjoy, meals that are easy to make and so delicious that they will keep those post-holiday blues at bay.
These keto chicken nuggets are perfect for mid-week dinners served with a simple salad, make plenty, and the kids can make sandwiches with the leftovers for the next day at school. Win-win!
Why You'll Love Keto Chicken Nuggets
- An incredible 0.3 grams of net carbs per serving!!
- Perfect as a healthy school lunch
- On the table in 30 minutes!
Keto Chicken Nuggets Ingredients
With just 5 simple ingredients, these low carb chicken nuggets really couldn't be easier to make!
- Chicken - For this recipe, you can use chicken fillets, breasts, or thighs. Make sure they're skinless, boneless, and cut into 1-inch nugget cubes.
- Egg - We'll use an egg to help our pork rind coating stick to the chicken.
- Pork rinds/dried onions - A simple coating low in carbs made with pork rinds or dried onions.
- Seasonings - We used garlic powder and smoked paprika for our chicken nuggets. Feel free to use your favorite seasonings.
- Optional - Use dill pickle juice to marinate the chicken and mayonnaise as a dip.
How To Make Keto Chicken Nuggets
To get started, boil a pot of salted water and boil the chicken nuggets for 2 to 3 minutes. This will help to keep them tender and juicy inside.
Transfer the chicken fillets into a mixing bowl and cover them with pickle juice. Leave them to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) and line a large baking pan with baking paper.
Take your pork rinds or dried onions and combine them with the garlic powder and smoked paprika in a blender or food processor. Blend or process until you get a crumb-like consistency. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
In another small bowl, whisk the egg.
Drain the chicken from the pickle juice, dip each nugget into the whisked egg, and then into the pork rind/dried onion mixture. Squish each chicken nugget into the mixture so that it is completely coated.
Transfer the nuggets to the lined baking pan and bake for 20 minutes until crispy and golden.
Serve hot with additional dill pickles and mayonnaise (or your favorite keto-friendly sauce) as a dip!
- In the fridge: any leftover keto chicken nuggets can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. They'll keep for up to 4 days.
- In the freezer: you can make a large batch of these chicken nuggets and freeze them. First, freeze them on a covered baking tray for around an hour to stop them from sticking together. You can then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container where they'll keep for up to 3 months.
- To reheat: you can reheat your chicken nuggets by placing them on a lined baking pan and baking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) for around 10 minutes until warm. You can also place them in an air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) for around 5 minutes until warm. If you're reheating chicken nuggets from frozen, follow the same steps and add a few extra minutes.
More Keto Chicken Recipes
We have many delicious low carb chicken recipes that are perfect for your keto diet. Here are some of our favorites!
- One Tray Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- Easy Peri Peri Chicken (Nando's Copycat)
- One Pan Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts
- Cheesy Chicken Casserole
Keto Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1 lb Chicken (Fillet, Breast or Thigh) skinless, cut into 1 inch nuggets
- 1 medium Egg
- ½ cup Pork Rinds or Dried Onions crushed
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Sea Salt to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Dill Pickle Juice to marinate
- Mayonnaise to serve
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the chicken fillets for 2-3 minutes. This will keep them tender and juicy inside.
- Optional step: Transfer in a mixing bowl and cover with the pickle juice. Marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/200°C and line a large baking pan with baking paper.
- Process the pork rinds or dried onions with the spices in a blender or food processor to get a crumb consistency. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Whisk the egg in another bowl.
- Get the chicken and drain the pickle juice. Dip each nugget into the whisked egg and the pork rind/dried onions mixture to coat well.
- Transfer the nuggets to the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes until crispy.
- Serve hot with mayonnaise or your favorite low carb dip.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
This is my go to for chicken… nuggets, strips, whole breasts… and it’s also delicious on pork loin chops!