This tofu stir fry is quick, easy, totally delicious and only requires 6 simple ingredients. It's low carb and vegetarian too!
Welcome to keto stir fry heaven! Today we are taking a block of firm tofu and a bag of Asian style vegetables or stir fry mix and turning them into a finger licking meal.
The soy sauce provides all the saltiness the dish needs so skip the salt in this recipe. Plus, the ginger adds a fiery touch to complete the flavor profile, yum!
Why You'll Love Tofu Stir Fry
- Ready in just 15 minutes!!
- Healthy and vegetarian
- Only 6 grams of net carbs per serving
Made with just 6 simple ingredients, this recipe couldn't be easier! You'll need:
Asian vegetable mix - to make things easier you can grab any frozen Asian vegetable mix. You can also make your own with a combination of vegetables like broccoli, bell peppers, cabbage, carrots and mushrooms.
Tofu - use firm tofu and slice it into bite sized cubes.
Soy sauce - if you're worried about sodium intake, opt for a low-sodium variety.
Ginger - fresh ginger that is grated or minced. You can also use minced garlic in a jar.
Green onions - to garnish.
Sesame oil - adds a delicious stir fry flavor.
How To Make Low Carb Tofu Stir Fry
To get started, heat the sesame oil in a frying pan or wok and sauté the tofu cubes for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep turning them over until they're golden on all sides.
Add the vegetable mix and continue to stir. Sauté for another 2 minutes then add the minced ginger and soy sauce. Continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes over high heat to seal in all the flavors.
Serve the tofu stir fry hot, garnished with chopped green onions. Enjoy!
In the fridge: You can keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
In the freezer: If you'd like to make larger batches of this tofu stir fry you can freeze it where it will keep for up to 3 months. Wait until it has cooled and then place it into individual portions in freezer proof contains or bags. Place them in the fridge overnight to thaw when you're ready to eat.
More Keto Asian Recipes
- 1.5 cup Asian Vegetable Mix
- 14 oz Firm Tofu diced into bite-sized cubes
- 4 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ginger fresh, grated/minced
- 2 sprigs Green Onions chopped
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan or wok and sauté the tofu for 2-3 minutes until golden on all sides.
- Add the vegetable mix and stir. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add the minced ginger and soy sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes over high heat to seal the flavors.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped green onions.