These peanut butter eggs with cream cheese are the perfect keto Easter candy made with just 3 ingredients. Filled with rich and creamy peanut butter, they are sugar-free, gluten-free, and suitable for diabetics. Only 3g net carbs per egg!
Table of Contents
Peanut Butter Eggs with Cream Cheese
Easter and chocolate go hand in hand, with shelves packed with an ever-increasing variety of confectionaries to choose from. Chocolate in so many shapes and forms is everywhere you look– challenging for even the most strict low carb dieter!
I've been making these peanut butter eggs with cream cheese for a while now, and I'm finally sharing them with everyone! These easy peanut butter Easter eggs are a fat bomb that will put a smile on everyone's face, whether they're eating low carb or not.
This recipe is a simple, delicious way to celebrate Easter while limiting your carb intake. You'll only need three ingredients for this sweet treat low in carbs and great for any chocolate lover looking to slim down.
Why You'll Love Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
- A delicious Easter candy that is low in carbs
- You only need 3 ingredients
- A creamy peanut butter filling with a rich chocolate shell
Ingredients to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
You'll only need three ingredients for this recipe (as well as a pinch of salt). For the full amounts, check the recipe card below.
- Peanut butter - natural smooth peanut butter with no added sugar.
- Chocolate - this is the only tricky ingredient. You'll need sugar-free chocolate that uses sweeteners like stevia or monk fruit. Our favorite brand is Lily's Sweets which makes stevia-sweetened chocolate with fewer calories and carbs.
- Cream cheese - full-fat cream cheese.
How to Make Keto Easter Eggs
Line a freezer-proof surface with baking paper. You can use a baking tray or chopping board, whatever you have available.
Take a large, freezer-proof mixing bowl and combine the cream cheese and peanut butter with a pinch of salt. Mix everything well with a spatula, then place the bowl in the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
Remove the mixture from the freezer and shape it into 12 eggs using your hands. You can also use an egg-shaped chocolate mold for this step. Place the eggs on your lined freezer-proof tray and return them to the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
In the meantime, melt your chopped chocolate/chocolate chips in the microwave. You can also use a double boiler if you have one available.
Now it's time to dip the eggs in the melted chocolate. Using toothpicks, skewers, or a spoon, dip each egg in the chocolate mixture, then transfer them back onto the tray.
Place the tray in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes until the chocolate has hardened. Enjoy!
In the fridge: store these delicious keto Easter eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They'll keep for 4 to 5 days.
More Keto Easter Recipes
It can be quite challenging to stay low carb during this period which is where these keto Easter desserts and treats come in!
- Sugar Free Chocolate Strawberry Hearts
- Best Low Carb Chocolate Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs With Cream Cheese Recipe
- 8 oz Cream Cheese full-fat
- ½ cup Natural Peanut Butter unsweetened
- ½ cup Chocolate sugar-free (Original Dark Chocolate Bar by Lily's)
- ⅙ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Line a freezer-proof surface with baking paper. (It could be a baking pan or chopping board).
- In a large freezer-proof mixing bowl combine the cream cheese with the peanut butter, and a tiny pinch of salt.
- Mix well with a spatula.
- Place the bowl in the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and shape into eggs with your hands. If you have an egg-shaped chocolate mold you can use that too.
- Place the eggs on the lined surface and return to the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, melt the grated chocolate (or chocolate chips) in a double boiler or microwave oven.
- Dip the eggs in the melted chocolate, using toothpicks, skewers or simply a spoon and carefully place on the lined surface and into the refrigerator to harden for at least 5 minutes before serving.