This keto strawberry cream cheese tart is a delicious low carb dessert everyone will love! It has a creamy cheesecake-y taste with the textures of a tart and only 3.6g net carbs per slice!
Table of Contents
When life gives you fresh strawberries, it’s time for you to make a low carb strawberry cream cheese tart.
Combining the unique creamy taste of a cheesecake with the textures of a tart, this recipe delivers the best of both worlds!
We know you have no time to worry about carbs and you’ve got better things to do with your time than calculating, so we made it really easy and simple for you.
Only 3.6g net carbs per portion, full of aromas and quite easy to make, this keto cream cheese tart tastes as good as it looks.
Why You'll Love This Low Carb Tart
- Only 3.6 grams of net carbs per slice!!
- Creamy cheesecake flavor and tart texture
- Super easy to make and looks stunning
Keto Tart Ingredients
To make this delicious strawberry tart you'll only need 10 simple ingredients. You can also substitute the strawberries for your favorite fresh low carb fruit. The ingredients listed below are used to make the base, filling and sauce for the cream cheese tart.
- Almond flour - the perfect low carb substitute for standard flour to make the tart keto friendly. Make sure you use finely ground almond flour.
- Erythritol - we'll be using powdered and liquid Erythritol in this recipe. You can also substitute for other sugar free sweeteners.
- Butter - used to grease the sides of the pan and in the tart crust.
- Cream cheese - for the creamy filling, make sure it's at room temperature to avoid lumps.
- Sour cream - helps to soften the texture of the filling, make sure it's at room temperature as well.
- Eggs - large eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract - a crucial addition to enhance the flavor of any sweet baking recipes.
- Lemon - we'll use the zest and juice of a lemon in this recipe for the filling and sauce.
- Strawberries - fresh strawberries work best. You can also substitute them for other low carb fruit (raspberries and blueberries work great!)
- Xanthan gum - helps to thicken the sauce.
How To Make A Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart
To get started, preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius). Line an 8-inch spring foam pan with baking paper at the bottom and grease the sides of the pan with butter.
First we'll make the tart crust. Take a mixing bowl and combine half a cup of almond flour, Erythritol and two tablespoons of melted butter. Mix everything together well until you get a dough.
Transfer the dough into the base of the baking pan and press it down with your fingers. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes to let the crust set.
In the meantime we'll prepare the filling. Using a blender or whisking in a bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered Erythritol, liquid Erythritol, sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
Add the eggs one at a time until they're fully incorporated into the mixture. Finally, fold in two tablespoons of almond flour.
Pour the filling mixture into the pan over the crust, and then bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. The sides should be golden and the center of the tart should still be springy. Turn off the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes with the oven door open.
Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool to room temperature while you prepare the sauce.
To prepare the sauce, take a saucepan and combine the sliced strawberries with water, lemon juice and Erythritol. Bring it to a gentle simmer and then add the xanthan gum. Continue to let the sauce simmer for a few more minutes until the sauce thickens.
Remove the sauce from the heat and let it sit until it reaches room temperature.
Once cooled, spoon the sauce out over the top of the tart. Slice and serve cold.
More Keto Desserts
Looking for more low carb desserts that won't kick you out of ketosis? Try these delicious recipes!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart Recipe
For the Crust
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoon Erythritol
- 2 tablespoon Butter
For the Filling
- 16 oz Cream Cheese full-fat
- ½ cup Erythritol powdered
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoon Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ¼ teaspoon Liquid Erythritol
For the Sauce
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries sliced
- 3 tablespoon Water
- ½ tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Erythritol
- ½ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Line an 8-inch springform pan with baking paper at the bottom and grease the sides with a slick of butter.
- In a mixing bowl combine the almond flour with the Erythritol and melted butter to make a dough. Transfer into the prepared baking pan and press with your fingers to create a solid base. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, with a blender or whisker, combine the cream cheese with the powdered Erythritol, sour cream, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and liquid Erythritol. Add the eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated into the mixture. Finally, fold in the almond flour.
- Pour into the pan above the crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the sides are golden but the center is still springy. Let it cool for 20 minutes in the oven with the oven door open.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down completely while you prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan combine the strawberries with the water, lemon juice and Erythritol. Bring to a gentle simmer. Add the xanthan gum and let it simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to reach room temperature. Pour the sauce evenly over the cheesecake.
- Slice and serve cold.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
What other sweetener can I use?
Hi Lynn, you can use any sugar-free sweetener such as monk fruit and stevia. Hope that helps!