These keto matcha tea cupcakes are a low carb sweet treat you'll love! They're full bodied, fluffy and topped with a butter cream frosting sprinkled with green matcha tea powder.
Table of Contents
These melt-in-your-mouth keto matcha tea cupcakes are the elegant, grown-up version of your favorite mini cakes.
Perfect for parties and so easy to make, they go well with any type of low carb frosting. They're made low carb using almond flour and coconut flour.
We used our classic buttercream frosting but feel free to whip up your own recipe and have fun with it!
Sprinkle some matcha tea powder on the frosting to glam them up and give them a healthy energizing boost.
Why You'll Love Matcha Tea Cupcakes
- Only 1.9g net carbs per cupcake!!
- Very easy to make
- Perfect for sweet tooth cravings
Ingredients You'll Need
To make these healthy keto cupcakes you'll only need 8 simple ingredients.
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Heavy cream
- Matcha powder
- Vanilla extract
How To Make Matcha Tea Cupcakes
These low carb matcha tea cupcakes made with almond and coconut flour are super easy to make. They only require 10 minutes of prep and 15 minutes cooking, then let them cool and they're ready to enjoy!
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) and line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
Take a large mixing bowl and add the almond flour, coconut flour, Erythritol, matcha powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk everything together.
In another mixing bowl, add the eggs, heavy cream, butter and vanilla extract. Whisk them together.
Combine the dry and wet ingredients together until you get a smooth batter.
Portion out the cupcake batter into the lined muffin tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Allow the cupcakes to reach room temperature and then frost them with your favorite low carb frosting. Sprinkle a little extra matcha powder on top to garnish.
Room temperature: The best way to keep cupcakes fresh is at room temperature. Store them in an airtight container where they'll keep for up to 3 days.
In the fridge: These cupcakes will also keep in the fridge in an airtight container for at least a week.
More Keto Desserts
- Chocolate Pie
- Vanilla Custard (Vanilla Pots de Crème)
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- No-Bake Cheesecake
Matcha Tea Cupcakes Recipe
- ¼ cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 3 medium Eggs
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tablespoon Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Powder
- 1 tablespoon Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Sugar-free Frosting optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond and coconut flour and mix with the Erythritol, matcha powder, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs with the heavy cream, butter and vanilla extract.
- Combine the two mixtures together.
- Pour the mixture into the lined muffin tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to reach room temperature and optionally frost with your favorite keto frosting.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Leave a review or ask a question