This keto cheddar biscuit recipe makes delicious low carb biscuits with a golden crispy outside and tender cheesy inside. The perfect savory homemade biscuit for your keto diet!
Table of Contents
Biscuit perfection! These homemade, keto savory cheddar biscuits are far easier than you can imagine.
They turn out perfectly golden, crispy outside and melt-in-your-mouth tender inside.
Choose a mature cheddar cheese for that extra sharp taste or a fresh type of cheese for a milder version.
Why You'll Love Low Carb Cheddar Biscuits
- Only 1 gram net carbs in each biscuit!!
- On the table in just 25 minutes with 10 minutes prep
- Only requires 7 simple ingredients
Keto Cheddar Biscuits Ingredients
These low carb cheddar biscuits couldn't be easier to make! You'll only need 7 key ingredients.
- Almond flour - we'll use almond flour for our biscuits to help keep the carbs down.
- Butter - you'll need both cold butter diced into cubes and melted butter for this recipe.
- Xanthan gum - xanthan gum helps to provide elasticity and stickiness to our biscuit dough.
- Garlic powder - we'll use garlic powder in both the cheddar biscuit dough and the coating we make to brush on top of each biscuit.
- Baking soda - helps to give a lightness to the dough and makes the biscuits rise with a more fluffy crumb.
- Cheddar cheese - use a more mature cheddar cheese if you prefer a sharper taste, or a fresh cheddar for a more mild taste.
- Eggs - room temperature eggs that have been beaten.
How To Make Keto Cheddar Biscuits
To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
Take a mixing bowl and combine the almond flour, xanthan gum, garlic powder, baking soda and a pinch of sea salt.
Next, add the shredded cheddar cheese and whisked eggs. Mix everything together well until it reaches a dough consistency.
Add the butter to the mixture and incorporate it into the dough using your fingers.
Divide the dough into 12 pieces and then knead each piece into a ball. Arrange the balls on the lined baking sheet leaving enough room between each one to flatten and expand.
Press each ball down with your hand to flatten slightly and then bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
While the cheddar biscuits are baking we'll make the coating. Whisk together the melted butter, garlic powder and a pinch of salt.
Once the biscuits have finished baking, brush each biscuit with the mixture and then return to the oven for a further 5 minutes until golden.
Serve the keto cheddar biscuits hot or allow to cool to room temperature and store them in an air tight container.
In the fridge: Store any leftover keto cheddar biscuits in an air tight container in the refrigerator. You can reheat them in the microwave so they're warm and they'll keep for up to a week.
In the freezer: You can prepare a large batch of these cheddar biscuits are freeze them as well. Store them in a freezer safe container and thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or pop them in the microwave when you're ready to eat them. They'll keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
More Keto Bread Recipes
Looking for more keto friendly bread recipes? We've got you covered with these low carb breads that will keep you in ketosis!
Keto Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
For the Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 ½ cups Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Cold Butter unsalted, diced
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 Eggs beaten
- Sea Salt to taste
For the Coating
- 2 tablespoon Butter unsalted, melted
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C, and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine the almond flour with the xanthan gum, garlic powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and the whisked eggs, and mix well.
- Add the butter and rub with your fingers to incorporate to the dough.
- Divide into 12 pieces, knead into balls, and arrange on the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough room to flatten and expand.
- Press each piece with your hands to slightly flatten and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the coating by whisking together the melted butter with the garlic powder and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle the cooked biscuits with the butter mixture and return to the oven for 5 more minutes, until golden. Serve immediately or allow to cool down and store in an air-tight container.