These keto electrolyte gummies are a delicious way to boost electrolyte levels with a fruity flavor and chewy texture! Made with just 3 ingredients in just a few minutes, they are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth—zero net carbs per serving.
Table of Contents
What are Keto Gummies?
Looking for a fun way to satisfy your sweet craving and replenish your electrolytes – all at the same time? Look no further than these Keto Electrolyte Gummy Bears. It’s healthy and sugar-free. Snacking doesn’t get better than this!
The Ketogenic Diet
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that is intended to induce ketosis, a state in which the body burns fat for energy rather than glucose. When the body enters a ketosis state, it produces molecules known as ketones, which the brain and other organs can use for energy. This diet can result in weight loss, better blood sugar control, and a variety of other health benefits.
The Importance of Electrolytes
However, because the ketogenic diet is low in carbohydrates, it can cause insulin levels to drop, causing the body to excrete more electrolytes such as sodium, potassium, and magnesium. Electrolytes are minerals that help the body maintain proper fluid balance, regulate nerve and muscle function, and support a variety of other vital processes.
When electrolyte levels become imbalanced as a result of the ketogenic diet, it can result in symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, muscle cramps, and constipation, which is commonly referred to as the "keto flu."
The Solution? Keto Electrolyte Gummies!
To avoid these symptoms and maintain proper electrolyte balance while on the ketogenic diet, it is critical to consume adequate amounts of electrolytes through food or supplements and to stay hydrated.
Consuming keto electrolyte gummies, which are both tasty and convenient, is a great way to boost electrolyte levels. These keto gummies contain essential minerals like sodium, potassium, and magnesium.
Benefits of Keto Electrolyte Gummies
- Practically ZERO carbs!
- An easy and tasty way to boost electrolyte levels
- They can help to alleviate common side effects when starting a keto diet
- They can improve physical performance when exercising
These homemade keto gummies are straightforward to make with only three ingredients. Make several different flavors by multiplying the ingredients and using different jello flavors.
- Jello mix (sugar-free) - Make a combination using your favorite flavors. I used raspberry and lemon for this recipe.
- Gelatin (unflavored) - This helps to thicken up the keto gummies so that they stay firm.
- Electrolyte powder - Adds much-needed electrolytes that can be depleted on a low-carb or keto diet. Use unflavored or flavored for added sweetness. Just make sure it's sugar-free.
- Water - Cold water and boiling water.
How To Make Keto Gummies
- Prepare the gelatin mixture. Combine the jello mix, gelatin, electrolyte powder, and ⅓ cup of cold water in a small bowl.
- Whisk the mixture. Whisk all the ingredients together until well combined. Let the mixture sit at room temperature while the gelatin soaks up all the water.
- Add boiling water. Once the gelatin has soaked up the water, add another cup of boiling water to the mixture and whisk very well.
- Transfer to molds. Transfer the electrolyte gummy mixture into the gummy bear mold using a liquid dropper. Using different silicone candy molds, you can make gummy worms, dinosaurs, animals, and many other shapes.
- Refrigerate to set. Carefully transfer the electrolyte gummies into the fridge to set for a minimum of 30 minutes. Once set, remove the keto gummies from the fridge and remove them from the candy mold.
Keep these keto electrolyte gummies in an airtight container or sealable bag at room temperature or in the fridge.
Keep them in a cool, dry place out of sunlight, and they'll keep well for 2 weeks. In the refrigerator, they'll keep well for up to 1 month.
Can You Freeze Keto Gummies?
Yes, for longer-term storage, you can freeze your keto gummies. Freeze them on a baking tray to stop them from sticking together, and then transfer them to a freezer-proof bag or container. They'll keep well for at least 6 months.
More Recipes To Try
Keto Electrolyte Gummies Recipe
- 4 0.3 ounce packs Sugar Free Jello Mix around 4 tbsp, see notes for flavors
- 3 tablespoon Unflavored Gelatin Powder or 8 envelopes of gelatin
- 2 tablespoon Electrolyte Powder see notes for flavors
- 1 ⅓ cups Cold Water
- Combine the jello mix, gelatin, electrolyte powder, and ⅓ cup of cold water in a small bowl.
- Whisk them together and let them sit at room temperature for a few seconds until the gelatine soaks up the water.
- Bring the remaining 1 cup of water to a boil and add to the mixture. Stir well.
- Transfer the gummy bear mixture into a gummy bear mold. Repeat this process for each flavor using a liquid dropper.
- Place the candy mold in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to set the gelatine. Once set, remove them from the fridge and pop out the gummies.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Leave a review or ask a question