These keto chili dogs are a hearty, low-carb dinner the whole family will love! Made with just a few simple ingredients and all the classic chili flavor with just 4.3g net carbs per serving.
Table of Contents
Easy Keto Chili Dog Recipe
Looking for a quick and satisfying low carb dinner? Time for some delicious keto chili dogs. No buns are required! These low carb chili dogs are made with grilled sausages topped with a quick but flavorful keto chili. If you're missing the buns, they go perfectly with my low carb tortillas or low carb bread rolls. They make a great weeknight dinner when you want a nice, comforting hot meal without spending hours in the kitchen. It's also a great way to use any leftover chili or sausages.
This recipe is super easy to make. Simply cook up your favorite hot dogs. We like to use beef hot dogs for this recipe but feel free to use whatever type you prefer. Once the hot dogs are cooked, add them to a plate and top them with our easy-to-make keto chili.
The chili is made with ground beef, broth, tomato, onion, pepper, garlic, and simple spices. It's hearty and filling without being too heavy. And best of all, it's completely keto-friendly.
Serve the chili dogs with your favorite toppings. We like to top ours with diced avocado and a dollop of sour cream, but you could also add jalapeños, cheese, or anything else you want. These chili dogs are the perfect comfort food for a chilly night!
Keto Chili Dog Ingredients
This a dinner that the whole family can enjoy whether following a low carb diet or not. Made with just a few simple ingredients, these chili dogs will surely become a new dinnertime favorite. You'll need the following ingredients:
- Sausages - Use your favorite sausages such as wieners or frankfurters.
- Ground beef - I recommend using ground beef that is 80-85% lean and 20-15% fat for the best chili. Avoid using very lean and low-fat ground beef.
- Broth - We used beef broth, but you can substitute it for chicken or vegetable broth.
- Onion - One diced red onion, substitute for brown onion if you don't have one available.
- Bell pepper - Green or red bell pepper diced.
- Tomatoes - Fresh crushed tomatoes or canned. If using canned, check the label to ensure no added carbs or other nasty ingredients.
- Tomato paste - Helps to thicken the chili and give it a richer flavor.
- Oil - We used avocado oil, but you can substitute it for other vegetable oils like olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, or even butter.
- Seasonings - We used a simple combination of chili powder, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper. You can add more seasonings like paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes.
- Optional toppings - The keto chili dogs can be topped with sliced avocado, sour cream, and freshly chopped cilantro, and you can serve them with lime slices on the side.
How To Make Keto Chili Dogs
- Prep the beef. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the ground beef with the diced onion and pepper for 5 to 7 minutes, seasoning with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Cook the chili. Add the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and broth to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until the chili thickens. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Prep the dogs. While the chili is cooking, grill the hot dogs or sausages and then slice them lengthwise, ensuring they are still attached at the bottom.
- Serve the keto chili dogs. Top the sausages or hot dogs with spoonfuls of ground beef chili, optionally topping with sour cream, sliced avocado, and freshly chopped cilantro.
These chili dogs and keto chili are great to make in large batches. They keep well in the refrigerator or freezer and are great for meal prepping.
- In the fridge: Allow the chili dogs or chili to cool to room temperature, then transfer them to an airtight container. Keep them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- In the freezer: Keep the chili dogs or chili in a freezer-proof container for longer-term storage. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Before reheating, thaw at room temperature or in the fridge overnight.
- To reheat: These chili dogs and chili can be reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop over low-medium heat. Make sure to stir the chili occasionally while reheating to ensure it cooks evenly. If the chili is too thick, add more water or broth while reheating.
More Keto Dinner Recipes
Keto Chili Dog RecipePrint Pin Review
- 4 Hot Dogs or Sausages low-carb, grilled
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- ½ cup Beef Broth
- 1 medium Red Onion diced
- 1 Red or Green Pepper diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Avocado diced
- Sour Cream
- Cilantro freshly chopped
- Lime wedges
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the ground beef with the onions and peppers for 5-7 minutes, seasoning with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and broth, and cook for about 10 minutes until the chili thickens. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Slice the grilled sausages or hot dogs lengthwise, making sure that they are still attached at the bottom. Top with spoonfuls of the beef chili and serve hot, optionally topped with sour cream, avocado, cilantro, and lime wedges on the side.
Nutritional information for the recipe is calculated based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe we provide. Erythritol and other sugar-free sweetener carbs are not included in the carb counts. Net carbohydrates are the total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber.
© KetoDietYum.com – Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single images may be used when full credit and a link back to the original content on KetoDietYum.com is provided.