A simple gravy and a few simple spices and fresh herbs from the pantry will turn this keto oven-roasted lamb leg into the star of your holiday table.
Perfectly golden brown, crispy on the outside yet melt-in-your-mouth tender inside, this is the epitome of serious festive dinnertime bliss for you and your family.
To make this meal a holiday feast why not serve this delicious lamb with our loaded cauliflower mash and no-bake pumpkin cheesecake?
Table of Contents
Roast Leg of Lamb Ingredients
For the Leg of Lamb
- Leg of lamb
- Vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- Dried mint
- Black pepper
For the Gravy
- Almond flour
- Vegetable broth
How To Make The Best Roast Leg of Lamb
- To get started, preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Take a large baking pan and place the leg of lamb in it. Carefully make 5 to 6 cuts into the surface of the lamb.
- Fill the cuts with salt, mint, pepper, garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs leaving some of the garlic and rosemary. Toss the remaining rosemary and garlic into the base of the pan.
- Rub the lamb with the olive oil so that it is entirely coated and then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the baking pan along with enough water to reach ¼ inch height in the baking pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and tightly wrap the sides so that steam can circulate inside while it cooks. Bake in the preheated oven for 3 hours.
- Once the leg of lamb is ready, remove it from the oven. Open the foil and remove any sprigs of rosemary and garlic from the pan. Transfer the lamb to a plate and cover it again to keep warm and rest.
- Now it's time to make the gravy. Place the roasting pan on the stovetop. Set the stove to medium-high heat and add the almond flour. Whisk until well combined with the juices.
- Pour in the vegetable broth while simultaneously whisking. Cook the gravy down for a few minutes until it becomes a velvety and thick gravy.
- Serve the lamb with a generous serving of gravy and your favorite low carb sides!
This amazing recipe makes around 4 servings and each contains:
- 333 calories
- 24 grams of fat
- 25.75 grams of protein
- 0.7 grams of fiber
- A total of 1.8 grams of net carbs
Keto Roast Leg of Lamb Recipe
Learn how to cook a delicious keto roast leg of lamb using this easy recipe. The dish is guaranteed to be tender, juicy and full of flavor.Pin It Print
- 6 lb Leg of Lamb bone in
- 4 cloves Garlic sliced in half
- 4 sprigs Rosemary
- ¼ cup Broth
- 5 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Mint
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper freshly ground
For the Gravy
- 5 tablespoon Almond Flour
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- Place the leg of lamb in a large baking pan and carefully make 5-6 incisions randomly, to the surface of lamb.
- Fill the incisions with salt, mint, pepper, the cloves of garlic and the rosemary sprigs.
- Toss the remaining rosemary and garlic in the pan.
- Rub the lamb with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the broth in the pan along with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan by ¼-inch in height.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil, folding the edges to secure that the steam circulates to cook the meat instead of escaping the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 3 hours.
- Remove from the oven and make the gravy.
- Remove the lamb carefully from the pan and set aside covered to keep warm. Remove any sprigs of rosemary and garlic from the pan.
- Place the roasting pan on the stovetop. Turn the heat on to medium-high and add the almond flour. Whisk to combine.
- Pour in broth in a stream, while whisking. Cook for a few minutes until it’s reduced to a velvety, thick gravy.
- Serve the lamb with a generous dose of the gravy.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Readers also love
Net Carbs: 1.8g
Calories: 333 kcal Carbohydrates: 2.5 g Protein: 25.75 g Fat: 24 g Saturated Fat: 7 g Cholesterol: 200 mg Sodium: 520 mg Potassium: 800 mg Fiber: 0.7 g Sugar: 0.5 g Calcium: 112 mg Iron: 17 mg Net Carbs: 1.8 g
Leave a review or ask a question