Everybody loves a classic fish cake. The benchmark for the perfect fish cake is a juicy, meaty texture, with a hint of zest and a pinch of herbs for the umami balance.
We are proud to say we aced all these elements that make these, the best low carb fish cakes you will ever try! They go perfect with our spicy garlic aioli too, so give them a try today.
Ingredients for Keto Fish Cakes
Fish – For this fish cake recipe we’re using haddock but you can use any other white flaky fish. Some other options are tilapia and codfish.
The Best Keto Fish Cakes
- 1.76 lb Haddock defrosted if frozen
- 2 cups Cauliflower grated
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 4 large Eggs
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 4 tbsp Flaxseed ground
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the grated cauliflower for 5-7 minutes. Strain and transfer into a cheesecloth or clean tea towel. Squeeze all the water out.
- Heat one tablespoon of ghee in a non-stick pan and sauté the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes, seasoning with garlic powder and a bit of salt.
- Dry the fish with paper towels and heat one tablespoon of ghee in a clean pan. Cook the fish for 3-5 minutes. Flake and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cauliflower with the fish, eggs, almond flour, flaxseed, lemon zest, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Knead to make a dough and shape it into cakes..
- Heat the remaining ghee in a pan and cook the fish burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot.