This deliciously rich and creamy keto cauliflower mac and cheese will satisfy all your cheesy pasta cravings! Keto mac and cheese needs only 7 ingredients and is ready in under 30 minutes.
Table of Contents
Best Keto Mac and Cheese
Are you looking for a low carb keto mac and cheese replacement for one of the classic favorite comfort foods? Look no further than this cheesy keto cauliflower mac and cheese recipe. This twist on the classic dish will satisfy all your cravings while keeping you on track with your healthy lifestyle and low carb diet.
When I'm craving pasta, I always make my 3-ingredient pasta noodles or this keto mac and cheese. It's made with wholesome ingredients, including fresh cauliflower, cheddar cheese, almond milk, and nutmeg. Not only is this family-friendly comfort food, but it's also an easy meal to make and full of flavor.
Everyone in the family will enjoy this dish whether following a keto diet or not, and it's sure to be a hit. It's suitable for even the most novice of cooks. You don't need to be a professional chef to make this delicious side.
So grab your apron, and let's get cooking - this mouthwatering meal won't disappoint!
Low Carb Mac and Cheese Ingredients
- Cauliflower - Fresh or frozen cauliflower florets. If frozen, make sure they are thawed.
- Cheese - We used shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Substitute for gruyere, gouda, muenster, parmesan, Monterey jack, and more. Make sure it's shredded so that it melts better.
- Heavy cream - To make the cheese sauce, substitute for milk if none is available.
- Almond milk - Substitute for whole milk, coconut milk, or other nut milk.
- Butter - Adds richness, creaminess, and extra flavor to the dish.
- Olive oil - To coat the cauliflower florets while roasting.
- Seasonings - A simple combination of salt and freshly ground black pepper with nutmeg to season.
How To Make Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Time to kick your pasta cravings to the curb and make low carb cauliflower mac and cheese. It's a super easy meal to make. Follow the simple steps below.
Step one: Prep the oven: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (235 degrees Celsius) and line a baking pan with baking paper.
Step two: Prep the cauliflower: Break up the head of the cauliflower into florets and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, a pinch of salt, and pepper, then mix to coat well.
Step three: Bake: Arrange the coated cauliflower florets on the baking pan and roast for 15 to 20 minutes until slightly golden.
Step four: Prep the cheese sauce: Heat the shredded cheddar cheese, heavy cream almond milk, and butter in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat to avoid losing moisture. Stir until it reaches a smooth cheese sauce consistency.
Step five: Put it all together: Remove the cheese sauce from the heat and add the roasted cauliflower florets. Carefully fold them into the cheese sauce and season with a pinch of nutmeg.
- In the fridge: Leftover keto mac and cheese can be stored in an airtight container once it has cooled. It will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave until hot.
More Cauliflower Recipes You Must Try
Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 small head Cauliflower
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (235°C) and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower florets with olive oil, a pinch of sea salt, and pepper. Mix to coat well.
- Arrange the florets on the prepared baking pan and roast for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden.
- Heat the cheddar cheese with the heavy cream, almond milk, and butter in a medium-sized saucepan, stirring to create a smooth cream.
- Remove from the heat and add the cauliflower into the saucepan. Fold carefully to coat the cauliflower with the cheese sauce—season with a pinch of nutmeg.