Everyone loves a hearty Lahmacun! This keto version is made low-carb with our favorite fathead dough. It's topped with ground beef and onions simmered in a rich tomato sauce.
Forget pizza nights, this is the new movie night addiction that will bring an oriental touch to your cuisine! Experiment with the spices to make a different variation each time!
What is Lahmacun?
Lahmacun is a super-thin piece of round dough topped with minced meat, vegetables, herbs and spices that is then baked. It is often called a Turkish pizza or Armenian pizza and is a very popular dish in both countries.
The most common ingredients are minced beef or lamb, tomatoes, onions, parsley, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin and cinnamon. It's a well-known street food that is crispy, spicy and packed with flavor.
It's easy to make and by using fathead dough, lahmacun can be made low-carb and keto-friendly!
Keto Lahmacun Ingredients
How To Make Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza)
First, you'll need to make the fathead dough used as the flatbread for our lahmacun. We have a super-easy keto fathead dough recipe that only needs 4-ingredients, check it out here.
Once your fathead dough is ready preheat your oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit while you prepare the toppings. Heat your grapeseed oil in a pan and sauté the ground beef and minced onions for 10-minutes.
While it cooks season with salt, paprika, cumin and cinnamon to taste. Finally, add the tomato puree and simmer for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Spread the topping evenly over the fathead dough circles and then bake for around 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Once the edges are golden brown your lahmacun is ready to eat!
Keto Lahmacun Recipe (Turkish Pizza)
For the Fathead Dough
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- ⅕ cup Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 large Egg
- ½ teaspoon Salt
For the Toppings
- 1 ½ cups Ground Beef
- 1 large Onion minced
- ½ cup Tomato Puree
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ⅙ teaspoon Cinnamon optional
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
To make the Fathead Dough
- Mix the mozzarella cheese with the cream cheese and almond flour in a microwave-safe mixing bowl. (If you are using a microwave oven for the recipe).
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high, or use a sous vide* for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir to incorporate the ingredients. Add the egg and season with salt.
- Place the dough between two pieces or parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin or a tall glass to make thin round pieces.
- Place on a baking pan and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F.
- *Sous Vide: Prepare a water bath by filling a pot with hot water. Bring to a gentle simmer. Place the ingredients you need to cook in a heatproof bowl, saucepan, or zip lock bag and place the bowl or bag in the simmering water.
To make the Lahmacun Toppings
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the ground beef with the onions for 10 minutes, seasoning with salt, paprika, cumin and if using- cinnamon to taste. Add the tomato sauce and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the mixture on the fathead dough circles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until the edges of the dough turn golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Readers also love
Widget not in any sidebars