Are you tired of trying to satisfy your craving for egg rolls while following a keto diet? Look no further! Our Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe brings all the delicious flavors of an egg roll without the added carbs. This dish is quick, easy, and perfect for dinner.
Table of Contents
This keto egg roll in a bowl will become an instant family favorite. It comes together in a single pan and in just 20 minutes, making it a perfect mid-week dinner, which will curb your take-out cravings with a nutritious, homemade meal that tastes just as good!
Ingredients You'll Need
This simple recipe only calls for 8 easy ingredients. You'll need the following:
- Ground pork - I recommend using higher-fat ground pork for more flavor.
- Cabbage - I used Chinese cabbage (Napa cabbage), but it can be substituted for other varieties.
- Onion - Thinly sliced onion.
- Green onion - Optional to garnish.
- Liquid aminos - I used coconut aminos but they can be substituted for soy sauce.
- Garlic - Freshly minced garlic or from a jar.
- Ginger - Freshly minced ginger or from a jar.
- Sesame oil - Adds lots of flavor and seasoning to the dish.
How To Make Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Cook the ground pork. Heat the sesame oil in a wide non-stick pan or wok over medium heat. Sauté the ground pork until brown.
- Add the vegetables. Add the thinly sliced onion to the pan and cook for another minute, then mix in the liquid aminos, garlic, ginger, and cabbage. Stir well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, adding a few tablespoons of water if needed.
- Serve and garnish. Portion the keto egg roll into four bowls and garnish with sliced green onions.
- In the fridge: You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 5 days.
- To reheat: Reheat the leftovers in a non-stick pan or skillet over medium-low heat to restore the original texture and taste. You may need to add a little sesame oil. You can also reheat it in the microwave.
More Keto Asian Recipes
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 2 cups Chinese Cabbage shredded
- ½ medium Onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Liquid Aminos
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger minced
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- Heat the sesame oil in a wide non-stick pan or wok and sauté the ground pork over medium heat.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for another minute.
- Add the liquid aminos, garlic, and ginger to the pan. Mix and add the cabbage. Stir well and cook for about 3-5 minutes, adding a few tablespoons of water if needed.
- Serve hot, garnished with green onions.