Cauliflower Pizza Crust that comes out crispy and totally delicious.
Combine with your favorite toppings for a healthy, versatile low-carb keto pizza that you'll make again and again.
Pizza lovers rejoice! Pizza nights are back on, and guilt-free!
With only 6 grams of net carbs per portion, this cauliflower pizza will restore your faith in keto dinners and will be ready on the table on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Make sure to squeeze out all liquids from the cauliflower before you make the dough, to get a crispy, irresistible consistency.
This is by far the best cauliflower pizza crust you can make.
Of course, it doesn't taste like a traditional pizza crust which is loaded with carbs but that doesn't mean it's not delicious!
Is Cauliflower Pizza Crust Healthy?
Simply put - yes. A cauliflower pizza crust is super healthy.
You've probably noticed that lately, cauliflower pizza has become increasingly popular as a low carb gluten-free alternative to the unhealthy carb-loaded traditional pizzas we love.
It allows you to indulge in your favorite food without feeling guilty and eating too many calories.
- Low Calories: Cauliflower is incredibly low in carbohydrates which makes it great for the keto diet. Each cup of raw cauliflower contains only 25 calories and 2.9g of carbs.
- Loaded with Nutrients: High in vitamins C, K, B6 as well as other minerals such as folate, potassium and magnesium. Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
- High Fiber: With 3 grams of fiber in each cup of cauliflower it is a great way to improve your digestive health.
- Source of Antioxidants: A great source of antioxidants to help with inflammation and harmful free radicals.
- Aids in Weight Loss: Because of its low-calorie content and its ability to be used as a substitute for high-calorie foods, cauliflower is a great option for those looking to lose weight.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Cauliflower: You'll need a medium head of cauliflower around 6" in diameter and around 2lbs.
- Egg: We'll use one egg to make the cauliflower pizza dough which acts as glue to hold the pizza dough together.
- Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese: The cheese will add flavor and most importantly as it melts during baking, it will help hold the crust together along with the egg.
- Simple Spices: This recipe uses oregano, salt and pepper to add flavor to the crust because cauliflower by itself is quite bland. Feel free to add any other of your favorite spices to the crust like Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Additional Toppings: For our recipe, we simply topped the pizza with mozzarella cheese and halved cherry tomatoes for a healthy, low-carb keto pizza.
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust
To get started, preheat your oven to 450-500°F and line a baking pan with baking paper.
Next, cut the cauliflower into florets and using a food processor, blend the cauliflower until it reaches a rice consistency.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the cauliflower rice for 1-2 minutes.
Once ready, place the cauliflower rice in a cheesecloth or tea towel and squeeze out ALL the liquids.
It's very important to get as much of the liquid out of the cauliflower as you can so that your dough has a delicious crispy consistency.
Now you'll want to mix the cauliflower rice with your egg, ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese and oregano together.
Knead the mixture together until you get a dough, then spread the dough on your lined baking pan into a round pizza shape.
Bake the cauliflower pizza dough for 10 minutes in the preheated oven for around 10 minutes until slightly golden.
Topping your Cauliflower Pizza
We're almost done!
It's time to add your favorite healthy toppings
Remove the cauliflower pizza crust from the oven and spread a layer of tomato puree over the top.
Add the remaining pieces of mozzarella cheese and halved cherry tomatoes then simply return it to the oven for 5 minutes.
Let the pizza cool down slightly before slicing and serving (if you can wait, that is!)
For the Cauliflower Crust
- 1 medium Cauliflower Head
- ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
For the Toppings
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
To Make The Cauliflower Crust
- Preheat the oven to 450-500°F and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and using a blender or food processor, process to get a rice resembling consistency.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and blanche the cauliflower for 1-2 minutes. Place in a cheese cloth or tea towel and squeeze out all the liquids. It’s important to squeeze out as many liquids as possible.
- Mix with the egg, ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan and oregano. Knead to make a dough.
- Spread the dough on the lined baking pan and shape into a circle (or any shape you prefer).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, until slightly golden.
To Make The Pizza
- Remove from the oven and spread a layer of tomato puree on top of the cauliflower pizza crust. Add the remaining mozzarella cheese and the halved tomatoes.
- Return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Let it cool down slightly before slicing and serving.