Now that you know how to live the keto life, here are some tips to keep you afloat as you begin your journey.
Tips For Dining Out, Lazy Days, and Cheat Days
- Don’t count calories. Just stick to the list of foods you can eat.
- Tell your waiter you want a salad instead of bread when dining out.
- Only opt for wine when you want alcohol.
- Plan what you’re going to eat before going to the restaurant. Search for their menu online.
- Don’t be shy to customize your order. Most restaurants will accommodate special requests.
- Be cautious with condiments. Most condiments, such as ketchup and barbecue sauce, are loaded with sugar. Stick with hot sauce, plain mustard, mayo, pesto, oil, vinegar, and non-sweet salad dressings like ranch and blue cheese.
- Don’t turn this into a religion. It's okay to indulge in a high-carb, high-sugar cheat meal every once in a while. I recommend you wait a few months before doing so.
3 Quick Tips To Stick With The Keto Diet
1. Start Small
Going "all out” is tempting when starting the keto journey. Word of advice: Don’t!
Instead, start small. Pick the smallest change that you can fully commit to. If you want to change your whole diet, start tweaking your breakfast first. So make a keto breakfast until you get the hang out that and then move on to the other meals
2. Eat The Same Meals For A Month
This next tip may bore your taste buds, but it will keep you on track. To make it easy, eat the same keto-friendly meals for a month.
3. Take Food With You
Let's face it; we're not always around the most keto-friendly foods. The temptation is everywhere, whether it's a family gathering or a work dinner. A key to staying on track is to control your environment.
So prepare a week's worth of keto-friendly meals and take them with you in plastic containers for lunch. Also, load up on keto-friendly snacks like pecans and sunflower seeds.
These three tips ensure you stay on the “keto” side of life!
Are you just starting on your ketogenic journey? Keto Diet Yum has complete keto meal plans, easy keto recipes, and all the tips and tricks you need to succeed on the keto diet. Check out our content and achieve all your goals this year!