This keto bulletproof coffee is a classic choice, and for good reasons—it is soothing, delicious, velvety, creamy, and rich, and it can lift your spirit every time. But what if you could take your keto bulletproof coffee to a whole new level? My reinvented and protein-packed version of your favorite beverage is infused with vanilla protein powder and nutritious egg yolks.
Table of Contents
Bulletproof coffees are a keto classic, providing a tasty beverage to kick-start your day with a boost of energy! There are many ways to make a keto bulletproof coffee, but this recipe takes things to a whole new level, including vanilla protein powder and egg yolks for an added hit of nutrition and flavor. Grass-fed butter and coconut oil keep things lusciously creamy, while bold espresso brings the caffeine kick that a bulletproof coffee would be incomplete without.
The thick texture of bulletproof coffee can be a love or hate for some, yet including simple ingredients like vanilla protein transforms the taste and texture into an absolute delight. Bulletproof coffee may require a few extra ingredients and minutes than a typical coffee, but for a warm, rich drink on your commute to work, it’s worth every second of effort.
Taking less than 5 minutes to prepare, this twist on a classic keto bulletproof coffee is a tasty way to spice things up in the morning. Each serving has a mere 2.5g of net carbs, making it suitable for everyone living a keto lifestyle and those opting for lower-carb options. Packed full of healthy fats, this bulletproof coffee recipe will keep you satisfied and energized through whatever the morning has in store!
- Espresso: Bulletproof coffee wouldn’t deserve its name without including coffee, and espresso is what’s needed for our recipe. The flavors and tones of freshly brewed espresso truly shine in this recipe, where bold coffee notes blend with vanilla and subtle coconut, creating a balanced and luxurious beverage.
- Vanilla Protein Powder: Vanilla protein powder improves the overall texture of the bulletproof coffee by thickening the mixture, but it also brings subtle vanilla sweetness. As bulletproof coffee doesn’t contain additional sugars or syrups, it can taste a little plain to some, so a scoop of protein helps combat this and brings a delicate background sweetness.
- Pasteurized Egg Yolk: For an additional boost of protein and nutrition, pasteurized egg yolk is a great ingredient to include. Just one pasteurized egg yolk is enough to add to the smooth texture of the coffee, and pack some extra protein into the drink for a tasty and satisfying start to the day.
- Grass-fed Butter: Choosing high-quality ingredients wherever possible in the kitchen can lead to better-tasting dishes where flavors aren’t hidden beneath depths of artificial ingredients, sugar, and syrups. Opting for grass-fed butter results in a creamy, delicious drink jam-packed with nutrients and quality ingredients.
- Coconut Oil: Adding to a bulletproof coffee's thick, smooth texture is coconut oil, another powerful ingredient to boost the coffee even more. A spoonful of coconut oil in the blender helps create a satin finish to the coffee, creating a luscious texture that’s a dream to sit back and enjoy.
- Whipped Cream (Optional): Adding a dollop of whipped cream on top of the keto bulletproof coffee is an optional choice, but it’s one with the power to brighten even the darkest of winter mornings! Whipped cream tastes as good as it looks and makes every sip of bulletproof coffee a whipped, fluffy joy.
All that’s needed to whip up a cup of keto bulletproof coffee is a handful of simple ingredients, a blender, and 5 minutes. Once the blender works its magic, you’ll have a thick, creamy, and energy-boosting beverage to dive into whenever you need a boost. The final garnish of whipped cream is optional, but it makes for an even tastier experience.
Step one: To a blender, add the espresso, butter, vanilla protein powder, pasteurized egg yolk, and coconut oil. Begin to blend the mixture, allowing the ingredients to combine fully so there are no distinguishable traces of pasteurized egg yolk, butter, or protein powder.
Step two: Continue blending the mixture until it becomes light, creamy, and frothy. Serve the bulletproof coffee immediately with an optional dollop of sugar-free whipped cream, and enjoy!
Almond Milk Keto Bulletproof Coffee: Adding a few splashes of unsweetened almond milk into the blender with the rest of the ingredients thins the texture of the bullet coffee a little and also adds a subtle nutty flavor. Using unsweetened milk ensures carbs are kept to a minimum, and the recipe is suitable for those following a keto diet.
Coconut Milk Keto Bulletproof Coffee: Similar to almond milk, coconut milk thins the texture of the bulletproof coffee but also adds another layer of creaminess for an even silkier final result. The background sweetness matches the rest of the ingredients well, while the light color transforms the coffee into an inviting caramel-toned drink that will quickly become part of your morning routine.
Keto Bulletproof Coffee With Ghee: Ghee can be used in place of grass-fed butter and has a similar resulting texture. It blends well with the other ingredients in the recipe but lacks the recognizable buttery taste. Enjoying bulletproof coffee with butter on some days and ghee on others is a great way to balance the fats you’re consuming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Bulletproof Coffee Good For Keto?
As the calories in a bulletproof coffee are predominantly from fat and not carbohydrates or protein, it’s a popular choice among those following a keto diet. Bulletproof coffee doesn’t normally contain any added sugar or syrup, and that’s the main reason it is so low in total carbohydrates.
How Many Carbs Are In A Bulletproof Coffee?
Our bulletproof coffee recipe contains 1.5g of carbs per serving while still providing a delicious flavor and satisfying drink. Using quality ingredients high in fat and low in carbs means the total sugars are kept to a minimum, and the flavor of the coffee can shine.
Can You Add Flavor To A Bulletproof Coffee?
Adding flavorings to a bulletproof coffee in the form of syrups isn’t wise if you’re following a keto diet, as it will increase the overall carbs of the drink. By choosing keto-friendly, low-carb ingredients like vanilla protein powder or vanilla extract, the flavor can be boosted without making the coffee unsuitable for the keto diet.
Keto Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- 10 oz Freshly Brewed Espresso
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Egg Yolk pasteurized
- 1 tablespoon Butter grass-fed
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Sugar-Free Whipped Cream to garnish
- Add the coffee, butter, protein powder, egg yolk, and coconut oil in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and frothy.
- Serve immediately, optionally garnished with a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream.
Nutritional information for the recipe is calculated based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe we provide. Erythritol and other sugar-free sweetener carbs are not included in the carb counts. Net carbohydrates are the total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber.
© KetoDietYum.com – Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single images may be used when full credit and a link back to the original content on KetoDietYum.com is provided.